Toyota Aurion Due In August 07!!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Toyota have publically stated that the TRD Aurion is NOT meant to compete with the XR6 and SS. Instead, it's designed more for the Liberty GT kind of market, more of a sports cruiser.

For them to realistically compete in that market, they'd want to have the full complement of driving wheels. No-one would choose a FWD Aurion over a Liberty GT, unless they have unreasonable brand loyalty, or don't know a thing about cars. That's what Mazda did when they released the MPS6, made it go and gave it AWD. If they really do intend for it to compete, it would have to be AWD.

Edited by Redwarf

/\ /\ /\ EXACTLY!!! Toyota are trying to pussy out with a statement saying it's not to compete with the XR6 Turbo (which everyone is sizing it up against). It's amazing - Toyota sells more cars than any other single manufacturer in the world, and you would think that would require good marketing. But whenever it comes to any vehicle intended as a sporty type, they get it REALLY wrong.

Want examples???

ZZE31 MR2 (only used 1ZZ-FE instead of 2ZZ-GE, not available with proper manual trans outside Japan)

All Celicas from 2nd generation onwards - possible exception of the GT4

Previous model Camry Sportivo (sure it handled great, but only 4kW extra!?!?!)

Edited by ancullen

History has not been kind to this type of car. The Ralliart Magna came with much fanfare, and left without much love......

I haven't driven a ralliart magna but i have driven a Magna se or some shit and mums 3.0 Camry is quicker, handles better and doesn't fall to bits, Mums Camry will smoke them up through 1st and half of 2nd and the magna wont even do a full 1st gear skid and it has a bigger engine, 3.5 Vs 3.0, 3.0 shits all over the magna.

Des :jamie:

If they made the "new" sprinter, there would be at least five in our fleet, right now. Had a chat to out marketing rep who currently drives an IS250 (previous to that a GT Forester) and he tells me he'd glady swap for a AWD SC Aurion... My old man currently has an SR5 Hilux TD and after I mentioned the TRD version hee started rifling through the filing cabinet to find out when the lease period is up :jamie:

Our company is a prime example of Toyota's failings at the moment. We have a fleet of about 40 vehicles, everything from huuuge coaches, coasters, hiaces, hilux 2wd and 4wd, several yarises (or is that yarii) and the odd troopy for good measure. While most of them are purely work hacks, and serve their purpose very well, when it comes to getting cars on a novated lease for the more senior or important staff (who can afford it), Toyota sometimes just doesn't offer anything special enough. As much as we'd like to have an all-Toyota fleet (we get amazing deals from our local dealer) our guys are looking elsewhere. So now we have BMW X5's, a 325, 3 Focii, couple of subies, and a HSV ffs... and ALL of them have spent time in service for warranty claims. ALL. Not so the Toyotas...

AND.... to make things worse, the other day I see a f@$king TRANSIT out the back ready to put into service... why? Toyota can't build hiaces fast enough! My Old man even had to wait 2 months for his Hilux, and he only got THAT because the waiting list for a a Lexus LX470 is so long, the new one will be released by the time he gets it!

Arrrrgh get your SHIT together toyota.... your faithful subjects grow tired of your follies and are turning to the dark side....

The Ralliart Magna was AWD, had poke, and, by all accounts, not a bad thing. The thing was, it had a triple diamond on it and the boot said Magna.

Sorry Rob, but that's not quite true. The Ralliart Magna was FWD only, and had a 180kW version of the 3.5L V6. The AWD Magna couldn't have the 180kW version as there apparently wasn't room for the extractors or something. Which is odd as the drivetrain came from the Japanese market Diamante and was VERY similar to that in the 3000GT, which had enough room for a DOHC version of the 3.0L V6.