Wiring Up The Coil For An Electric Dizzy 5k Into A 30

anastasios

Members dont see this ad

Hey mate, I'm only going from what i remember from when we put a ae82 4ac (which has electric dizzy) into my ke70. From memory (and i can't take pics cos ive put that black plastic stuff everywhere to cover wires) we wired it up as normal but didnt go through the resistor (thats the ceramic thing right?) because the elctric dizzy doesnt need that. I ended up changing my coil to one for the electric dizzy that i got from auto one. The new coil didnt have a positive or negative side marked on it, so we just put the wires from one side of the original coil to one side and the vice versa. Hope this helps in some way.

There is already a topic on how to wire these dizzy's up.....however. DO NOT use a bosch gt40 coil....you will fry it like an egg on a hot manifold in about 6 months (i speak from experience). With most electronic dizzy's they need a positive and negative feed from the coil....without the resistor (little ceramic white thing). however you will need to find yourself a coil that does not need to run through a resistor.....grab one off another car similar.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...lectronic+dizzy <------the other thread

Edited by Xany

There is already a topic on how to wire these dizzy's up.....however. DO NOT use a bosch gt40 coil....you will fry it like an egg on a hot manifold in about 6 months (i speak from experience). With most electronic dizzy's they need a positive and negative feed from the coil....without the resistor (little ceramic white thing). however you will need to find yourself a coil that does not need to run through a resistor.....grab one off another car similar.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...lectronic+dizzy <------the other thread

Correct, the resistor is there for the coil, not the dizzy. The easy way to tell if the coil needs a ballast resistor or not is to check the part number - ones which need resistors generally have R at the end of their name, eg GT40R

If you don't want to get a GT40 coil because of their reputation, go for Echlin instead, they tend to be cheaper than the Bosch ones and I've never heard of problems with them