bullet79

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

use rb20 rubber mounts on the ke cross member... the shifter sits alot further back than the existing 4k one so you will have to cut a little area to allow for that.. no biggy

you can use the standard diff but you will have to get your tailshaft cut to length and balanced... i have a standard locked diff in mine, ive replaced only one so far in around 6 months...

you may aswell go to a t series diff while everything is being don.. they are alot stronger and lsd centres are available for them...

lol welding a diff is the cheap alternative to the 2 way.. your gonna want atleast a lsd if you have decent power..

my last diff got really whinny.. it took a little while for it to get annoyingly loud but its not hard to replace them..

nothing wrong with a locker.. open wheeled diffs with a powerful car is stupid and dangerous...your car behaves like an unpredictable little school girl on meth.!!

*Disclaimer*

Lockers are also illegal for street use. Lockers void any insurance you may have on the car. They can make you understeer like a dog in the wet, and if your not a handy wheel man, may send you in the direction of your next accident.

Save your dollars and get a slippery.

They're reliable, just not built to withstand a more powerful engine. The diff from a Te71 or 72 will bolt in and is much stronger, and plenty of LSD's available for it. You will need to use the tailshaft from the te7* as well.

They're reliable, just not built to withstand a more powerful engine. The diff from a Te71 or 72 will bolt in and is much stronger, and plenty of LSD's available for it. You will need to use the tailshaft from the te7* as well.

you don't need to use a te7* tailshaft at all as it will need to have the ca/sr yoke on the fron t for the gearbox and you just use the right diff flange on the back of the tailshaft i suggest you have a 3" made up with some strong uni's

i'm going for 86's T-series diff.. (need the rear disc brake upgrade) and bit easier to look for LSD's.. OR to weld..

i'm trying to keep it easy, coz i'm doin all this mods in my home garage.. (not much tool stuffs..) :yes: ..wish i had a arc/mig weld .. some reinforcin'

is there a 'spool diff' for KE's ..?? or custom machine-shop..?? i think it would be whole lot better than 'weld' the gears..??

post-3907-1183912758_thumb.jpg

post-3907-1183912810.jpg

Edited by bullet79

i'm going for 86's T-series diff.. (need the rear disc brake upgrade) and bit easier to look for LSD's.. OR to weld..

i'm trying to keep it easy, coz i'm doin all this mods in my home garage.. (not much tool stuffs..) :yes: ..wish i had a arc/mig weld .. some reinforcin'

is there a 'spool diff' for KE's ..?? or custom machine-shop..?? i think it would be whole lot better than 'weld' the gears..??

f@$k payin money for a spool, either get a lsd diff...or if u want it to be constantly locked...y pay for a spool when a welder will give u the same result for 100% less in price :yes: