bullet79

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-3907-1183980650_thumb.jpgno offense guys.. if iv got alot of cash to throw at, I'm too gonna get my hand on those KAAZ or Tomei Tech Traxx LSD's but..

still.. a 'locked diff' is the way..!! the driving skill that counts :yes:

Edited by bullet79

Where do I send the wreath, and which wreckers will the car be at?

OMFG LOL.

lol dude. locked diffs are fun but gay for daily drving in my personal opinion, and it gets gay changing diffs after a while cause they keep breaking, jsut get a good diff and lsd and you'll never have to worry about it. lol be serius people we own corollas, things are always breaking, who can be bothered to worry about that too.

Edited by andro0o

true, u do get over locked diffs when u just wanna get from a to b and not in the mood for doin skids, like when ur in the safeway carpark tryin to park and ur tires squeek a bit as ur turning and everyone is lookin at u like... oh my god, hes doin a skid! ya really get over over that sometimes!

but they are a shitload of fun, and rolla diffs are a dime a dozen, and it only takes bout 10mins to change a diff :yes:

my locker was pain in the arse! was a prick in front of cops and just annoying doing tight turns! My LSd is the best investment so far besides the CA. I snapped the axles clean out of it in 2kms as soon as it made 300rwhp one pop of the clutch and they snapped like the tooth picks they are!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

err why not visit a diff shop !!!!!

a grand will get u a unbreakable lock diff !!!

and f u guys actually got some decent sized wheels and tires under these corollas understeer wouldnt be an issue !!!

iv run a locked diff in my onevia forever .... no understeer in the wet ! 255 rears and 235s front

but agreed with the drivbility .. it chirps when u turn and shudders ...

but then so do decent 2 way mech diffs

well this thread went to crap pretty fast.

alomst finished a ca18det into my mates ae86, bloody thing wont start...but thats another problem

for the diff he used a tarago diff, got it modified to fit in the sprinter, cost about 800 to get it to that stage. there apparently is a lsd centre that fits into the housing, do not quote me on this, but i think it was a "Detroit centre" or something, they put them in 4wd's? i think. anayway, i think hilux or torago rear end is the only way to go with these engines, although if you are content with a locker (note, lockers are baaaaddd) then I'm told that a borge warner diff is actually pretty strong. but like has been said, you will prolly have to replace it often..ish.

shofter location moves back about 15cm or so, with ca18 box (rb20 box bolts up, and puts the shifter in the original position, but rb20 box is very expensive)