Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey mate

I think you've made the right decision to go with a k-series motor. I have a warm 5k in my ke20, fresh rebuild, mild cam, twin dellortos, extractors, exhaust and it goes quite well considering it hasnt cost all that much to build. Best thing is it wont break diffs like a 2-tg would.

Good luck with the build.

Justin

Today fixed the bonnet catch as it was screwed. Some beating with the hammer and a little wd-40 it worked like brand new! Had to take the grill off and couldn’t put it back on as the screws were all rusted and some broke.

Also my uncle picked up a cheap KE70 the other day. I told him id take it off him for the engine but he wants to keep it as a daily driver.

Cheers

Tally

post-1732-1189343432_thumb.jpg

post-1732-1189343492_thumb.jpg

post-1732-1189343550_thumb.jpg

Just received my radio and plastic radio surround cluster thanks to mickeyke. It’s from his KE20 that he is parting out.

All I need now is a overrated passenger kick panel and a passenger tail light.

Going to get a few things off eBay such as:

Weatherstrips

Hood bumpers

Pedal pads

Electric windshield washer

Want to make it look a bit better. Maybe do a full respray in the future in the original colour Bamboo.

Cheers

Tally

post-1732-1189417373_thumb.jpg

Edited by SLY T

Looking good mate! Same colour+condition as mine by the looks (semi permanent state of bonnet up)

Quick question, is there supposed to be chrome in the bailey channels above the doors? Or just an empty channel? Mine doesn't have any either, I get the feeling that there's supposed to be something there..

Looking good mate! Same colour+condition as mine by the looks (semi permanent state of bonnet up)

Quick question, is there supposed to be chrome in the bailey channels above the doors? Or just an empty channel? Mine doesn't have any either, I get the feeling that there's supposed to be something there..

Thanks shane-o!

Yes you are right. Mine had it on the drivers side only but casue it was cracked and is plastic I thought id take it off becasue it looked horrible... Also need a pair of them too.

i've a washer bottle if you want one.

Thanks mate. I already got one but want a new one for some reason ;)

Cheers

Tally

Edited by SLY T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

Finally some progress!!!!!!

Bought that Brown 72' KE20 thats is now in the Car Trader.

Just a shitty old 3K, gutless as hell but meh it runs for god sake!!!

Engine is a little smokey but looks to be in good condition. Runs too...

hehehe yea well I'm so releaved that I have got an engine for my beloved KE25...

Going to do the swap in the next week or two so will keep you guys updated on the progress...

Looks like it wont be long till you see me rollin in my rolla.. :)

Cheers

Tally

post-1732-1191313485_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tally

Its not because I didn’t look around. Its because I couldn’t find a RUNNING engine.

Found a few but they either weren’t in the car or didn’t run.

I’m not going to risk buying an engine for hundreds and not be totally sure its running.

Anyone can take out an engine and say its running to a buyer, I'm just not willing to risk it as I don’t have cash coming from anywhere.

Called up a few yards but they wanted $400+ for a 4K, its bullshit.

Went and looked at this KE20. The chick started it and it fired first go. That’s just what I want, something that runs. I don’t care what it is. If it gets me from A to B then I'm happy. Later on I will think about engine conversions and such. Hmmm maybe a 12A, 13BT :) or a 2TG. But anything like that isn’t going to happen any time soon

I really couldn’t care less. 3K, 4K, 5K. Its my first car so I just want to get it running sweet.

Cheers

Tally

I really couldn’t care less. 3K, 4K, 5K. Its my first car so I just want to get it running sweet.

I know that feeling, you don't mind to much what you have right now engine wise, as that can easily be changed over later on. Its the car that the engine is sitting in that you want to focus on first up :)

Got the engine out of the KE20 on Sunday.

Didnt have an engine crane on hand so had to drop it out and lift the car back.

Took about 3-4 hours work.

I just hope it was worth it. :dance:

I know the engine needs a rocker cover gasket as it leaks in two spots, is a bit smokey from what we saw.

Would anyone know why the engine was overheating like wildly with smoke coming out of the rocker cover? Hmmm doesnt sound too good. But meh it was running. :cool:

Once I get it in, I'm going to freshen it up with new fluids and stuff...

Today just degreased the shit out of it. It was about 1cm THICK!!! LOL. Is that good or bad? :y:

Hopefully get it in soon...

post-1732-1191932231_thumb.jpg post-1732-1191932268_thumb.jpg

post-1732-1191932313_thumb.jpg post-1732-1191932390_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tally