Shane's Ke20 And Rx4 13bt

shane-o

Already put the KE20 in the KExx thread but here she is again with my other toy :evil:

Actually my second Rolla, my first car was a 1982 KE70 wagon, 5 speed, 4k, absolutely overrated and original, bright orange paint.. I loved that thing but it got a caning hehe

KE20:

Unmolested 1972, 3k, Toyoglide

dsc00248cb1.jpg

dsc00252nd9.jpg

RX4:

Genuine 1976 LA23S

S5 13b, S5 gbox

KnightSports highflow turbo, Turbosmart 38mm ext. gate+screamer pipe

Microtech LTX8, custom front mount, custom zorst, gilmer, RX4 locker diff, S2 rx7 rear disc conversion, Magna front discs/Commodore calipers, brass button clutch+lightened flywheel, custom 1 piece tailshaft, surge tank with a pair of bosch 975s and matching fuel setup, twin 10" thermos

pimpin' interior and a bit of a stereo, 20 grade tint, Performance Superlite 16x7s

rims2.jpg

rims1.jpg

engclean.jpg

dsc00211hj1.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

rx4_side.jpg

rx4interior001.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehe thanks kids.

Its hard to be original with rims these days, had some Lenso RS5 in Hyperblack @ 17x7 lined up but the group buy fell through. Now THAT would have been a random wheel choice for a 4! Needs to be another inch lower on the Superlites but.

As for the KE20, venetians are in transit, as are the 2.5" lowering blocks :D :evil:

The theme has been inspired by the movie "Crackerjack" starring Mick Molloy, I just need to track down a bowls club hat and make up a sticker!

Haven't had her on the dyno yet, my tuner has a big library of maps to suit most rotor/turbo combinations so he plugs one of those in to match and tunes from there. Will be going on a dyno sometime to iron out the curve nicely.

I would put the figure at around 280rwhp @ 11psi, we should be looking at an even 300 @ 14 when the turbo starts hitting its efficiency range (rated to 20psi).

At the moment with the locker its enough to fry the tyres through 1st 2nd and 3rd :evil:

My 4 should be wearing some RS5's in the next couple of weeks, just waiting for the new s5 4 pot struts to be finished up first. :D

I was in on the AR.com group buy too, but that was a long story hey!

I actually bought a set of RS5's about a month befor the group buy started in 4x114/4x100 +38.

Then when I saw the group buy happening I sold this set to fund the group buy wheels.

So you can imagine my state of mind when we finally found out it had fallen through.

Very very lucky for me, I actually ended up buying back the set I sold at the same price. :evil:

Oh well these ones are gun metal/polished lip, so they're the ones I prefferred over the hyper black/polished.

Yeah I reckon they will look fantastic man.

So I have a question guys, the venetian for the KE20 arrived BUT they sent me a black one!

2 options: paint it white/cream or leave it black! What do you guys reckon black would look like???

Can't get pics right now but imagine :evil:

Yeah the black doesn't look bad but white is the go for sure.

I will put up before and after pics.

Quick question, I'm shaped so browsing through a heap of topics isn't viable until the end of the month..

Blew the 3k today f@$kING so I need to find a new engine.

5k+5speed sounds pretty good, I will need a pedal box too but I need to know if my tailshaft will be ok? Or do I need a different one behind the 5 speed to fit?

Cheers for any help..

Little update, venetian now converted from black to white :wink:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Chris of chrisandliz fame has very kindly offered me the purchase of a 4K out of one of his cars. So I'll be chasing that up asap this week. I'll be leaving the Toyoglide behind it for the time being but I will budget for the 4 or 5 speed manual conversion later. Found some advice in this forum that a 32/36 Webber, extractors and mild exhaust will give the old girl a good little kick in the pants so if those bits come up at the right price they'll be going on too.

I have a strong temptation to pull the Lanzar Optidrive 1250wrms competition sub and Caliber 1000wrms monoblock out of the RX-4 to chuck in the KE20 but that might be getting a bit silly..