Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Charged 4k

Featured Replies

Hey, just wondering what you guys think of a supercharged 4KC in my KE20.

 

I will be totally rebuilding a 4K soon with full internals, should be a pretty stout engine. But I have had an idea of bolting on a supercharger from an SW20 MR2 as well.

 

What mods would be needed to get the supercharger mounted and how would I go about setting it up etc. I've heard that if you get a 4K with air conditioning you ditch the air con and mount the charger where the air con was.

 

Any help and/or opinions appreciated.

 

Ben.

Sw20's never had a supercharger, Aw11's did and its a Sc12 on a 4agze engine.

 

Rollaboy on here has/had a supercharged 5k and from the pics i've seen it had some nuts so check out his thread and database profile etc.

  • Author

yeah AW11 sorry. Yeah its an SC12 supercharger.

 

Anyone know anything else?

The easyest way is a suck through cabie (I 've always had a soft spot for the 2" SU)

 

have compression around 8:1, you wont need a cooler, run 10psi or so.

__________________________________________________________________

 

Every now and then DCOE webers show up on ebay that have been modifyed for boost, these are a great option, and you can then run a cooler.

 

Cheers

Jordan

I'm planning a similar project for the decomp'd 5k I bought off chumps a month ago. I scored a 1.75" Stromberg carb from a mazda wrecker to use as well. It had been used in a suck through turbo setup as well. Cost me 30 bucks!.

 

Theyre everywhere, cos all the old range rover v8s came with 2 of them.

 

Now I just gotta get a cheap enough SC! haha.

 

Good luck with the project, I'll be keen to hear an update.

hasnt someone on here done this once apon a time.

Sw20's never had a supercharger, Aw11's did and its a Sc12 on a 4agze engine.

 

Rollaboy on here has/had a supercharged 5k and from the pics i've seen it had some nuts so check out his thread and database profile etc.

 

hasnt someone on here done this once apon a time.

 

 

maybe thats the one you were thinking of?

Edited by smacko84

my 5k is supercharged with the s14 charger off the supra. i started with a carby set up then went to custom efi. honestly i would have to discourage you from doing it as the setup ends up being too costly for the amount of power gained. with the carby setup 70rwkw was it, at 12psi. even going to efi with a full rebuild, cam, wolf3d, intercooler, surge tank, forged pistons, cam, gapless rings, only gave me another 30kw. i am definately looking at a t25 now which should get me to around 130kw. its entirely up to u but i think that turbo is the better option.

 

^^ that is awesome!!!!

Yep Deffenitly Certified Hectic.

 

Neil I wont discourage you from going down T25 CA turbo route, but with the work done, I'd say the slightly larger compressor wheel of the T28 (T3-60trim) with the same exhaust housing would be a better option. Therein the S14 turbo or for Ballbearing S15.

 

100RWkW's out of the 5K supercharged isn't a bad effort, but as you say a little dissapointing with all the work put in. That said you wont have nay trouble selling the SC14, mounts, pully's and pipe work. Be great to hear the story behind it in a members ride thread

 

Cheers

Jordan

Edited by Jordan

Yep Deffenitly Certified Hectic.

 

Neil I wont discourage you from going down T25 CA turbo route, but with the work done, I'd say the slightly larger compressor wheel of the T28 (T3-60trim) with the same exhaust housing would be a better option. Therein the S14 turbo or for Ballbearing S15.

 

100RWkW's out of the 5K supercharged isn't a bad effort, but as you say a little dissapointing with all the work put in. That said you wont have nay trouble selling the SC14, mounts, pully's and pipe work. Be great to hear the story behind it in a members ride thread

 

Cheers

Jordan

 

The T25 will work just fine to 150RwKw if setup correctly, by that i mean making a proper manifold not just using a J pipe setup.

 

All the work is done except your intercooler piping needs to be re-routed.

 

Go for it.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.