Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4age On Carbies, Ignition Issue

Featured Replies

I'm chucking a 4AGE on carbies (because carbie are Sik :wink: and sound awsome :hmm: ) into a rather clean RT40 corona.

 

Mounts are sorted, carbie linkages are sorted, exhaust is sorted, cooling is sorted, fuel is sorted, clutch is sorted (RT40's have hydro clutch from the factory :y: ) However ignition isn't sorted.

 

I've heard rumors that you can use a 4AC dizzy, with a sleeve and all's good? is this possible, do you need anything else, an ignightor for example. Has anybody got ignition kits for carbie engines? Others have suggested a Sigma Dizzy? is anything else required? need asleeve or mounting plate? the only other thread I found was back in Feb ad didn't really offer any definative solutions.

 

Any help would be apprecieated as this is the final piece in the puzzle.

 

Cheers

Jordan

Edited by Jordan

Deleted

Edited by Sbox

You can use the 4age dizzy with a bosch ignition module (part number - 249-9-222-067-016) and cost around 60 bucks, It does not allow advance tho, The module has 4 terminals:

 

15' is fed via 12v ignition on.

16' is connected to the - on the coil.

07' goes to the black wire on the dizzy.

03' goes to the red wire on the dizzy.

 

^^^^I will be more than likely using this system^^^^

 

It is also rumoured that you can also use the 2T or 2K electronic ignition type dizzy's but they require some modifying including fitment of the 4age distrubutor drive gear, You can then run vac/mech advance.

I reakon the trick would be to get hold of a 4AGZE manifold. Make an adapter plate for it. Bad pic, but you get what I mean

 

4AGTE_oldinlet2.jpg

 

What sort of carbs are you using and what sort of manifold, I'm thinking of a carbied 4age 16valve for the family driver soooo..... all info is good info. I was going to weld a big peice of aluminum onto a fwd manifold and the just tap and die grind what I needed out and throw a single barrel Weber on. Comments?

My trueno ran a SerIII hall effect bluebird dizzy with the webers. It had an adaptor collar/spacer made up to hold it in place from memory. Unfortunately I don't have any engine bay shots of the car. I think it may have been recurved too.

 

*edit*: Hunt around on toymods as my old setup was for sale on a few occasions. I sold the car to a guy who called himself. MrSoopra. You maybe able to find photos of it.

Edited by NoPsi

  • Author

Cheers for the supprt fellas,

 

I've got one of those "megajolt" ignition computers with a MAP sensor built up, just waiting on the EDIS module and the trigger wheel to show up.

 

Cheers

Jordan

 

P.: will post a write up and dyno curves once it's all together.

Deleted

Edited by Sbox

  • Author

I'm using a redline manifold, and a linkaged kit designed for an 18R-G (slightly modified)

 

the4agasitshouldhavebeegf3.jpg

 

Cheers

Jordan

What did your manifold cost as i don't find out how much mine is until later this week.

  • Author

Hey Trev,

The manifold and carbies came with the abandon KE10 project I bought from member RKE_11. I believe they retail for around the $250 mark.

 

if you are using solex's bust a PM over to user Rodger for a linkage kit.

 

Cheers

Jordan

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.