Philbeys Ke16 2 Door Wagon.

philbey

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn finally got through most of the nasty scratches and dings with the 120/180 grits last night. Now just to work through up to the 2000 grit then the buff and polish

I'll mirror polish them for now, and I'll spray gloss black highlights inside the spokes. When the mirror fades, I'll probably just keep the lip as a high polish.

Dude, New years res was to start getting more stuff done! Been polishing these wheels for a week or so now, just an hour here and an hour there after work!

Got my inline thermo switch fitting drilled and tapped ready to plumb into my radiator hose and I just need to wire it up which is easy enough, all I need to do is pull out the manual switch on the dash and run the wire back.

Got my new Bilstein Sports in the 911's rear last week and then last night I got fancy and used a high pressure hand pump I expanded the crushed oil lines that run to the front oil cooler! I'm a changed man, imagine the carnage if I had that Garage built!

Some day some day.... I'm going to get my mate to run the oil lines through his parts cleaner to make sure they're all good, then slap them in. In the meantime I've got a short shift to fit, slap some adrenalins on it and fit the ignition barrel in and by the time the lines come back it'll be good to go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, got my mags polished and on the car, but now they're dulled a bit. But you get the idea. I'll get a better pic once I've cleaned him!!

Also, bought some 911 turbo seats on ebay to fit in my 911SC. Pretty stoked, much the same as the previous ones, except Turbo ones have much bigger side bolsters. Good times.

SO the plan is to fit the normal 911 seats into the rolla, mainly because the necksnappers in there at the moment are trashed!

Check out the seat mounts, good old Ferdinand, these would be the easiest seats to mount in any car.....

post-2873-099930700 1300954914_thumb.jpg

post-2873-052288600 1300954983_thumb.jpg

post-2873-073452700 1300955312_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

pmp16, I had very little trouble with the 5K build. The dellortos went in fine, they tuned up fine and have held the tune for 2 years. Biggest issue was the 8cc pistons from ACL bumped the compression ratio right up but I got lucky with the Camshaft I bought being particularly large. You'd need to go with a pretty big cam for the same build, otherwise the alternative would be to take some meat out of the head.

68kw at the rear wheels. I've since had the manifold port matched and I'll put an MSD programmable 6al on eventually and hopefully push to the 100 horsepower mark!!

Tojo, not sure of the exact age but I suspect they're fairly old Enkei's, especially given that the last Jap 4x110 wheels were on early RX-7s in the 70's. I actually started chasing down the actual enkei centrecaps but had awful trouble, you can get them in the US for around 50 bucks apiece!!

Then just on a whim I found out that the stock KE30 centrecaps are almost a perfect fit. I did put some electrical tape around the base as they were slightly loose.

I really should polish the car and wheels again and photograph it.

Edited by philbey

Guest pmp16

Ok cool I have been looking for some

info on what parts people

hve used in there builds to see what parts are prefered to be used I get told by people up here what they prefer but I'd rather see what everyone has used on this site hence we are all corolla lovers .. I wanna do a complete rebuild before putting engine in my wagon any info on parts would be appreciated

• 8 months later...

Jono.C kindly pointed out the lack of updates on the wagon. Let me preamble it with this: she and I have been on terse terms lately.....

So in mid year I shat a coil and got stranded. Much to the amusement of my workmates. That was easy enough, no surprise, the coil cost me 1 pint and because I'm a tightarse using old parts it died. Bought a new one all good.

Then through a fairly cold winter it was getting harder and harder to start. The start routine, (2 pumps, crank without throttle, kick her open as it fires. Stall, crank, fire immediately all good) that worked infallibly for 2 years no longer worked. I bought a new battery thinking the old one was running out of juice... Nope still hard to crank it over. The 40 year old starter in it was probably starting to die, grabbed Micks reduction gear starter, much better but still being a bitch.

Anyway I changed jobs in august and I train to work now so she got sidelined. Cobwebs accumulated. SPent September.... October... November building a garage. A big one, 75 square metres, 3m gutter line, comfortable space for 2 cars with workshop space. Gonna put a mezzAnine inthere as well!

Got married and am on a 2 month honeymoon. Before I left I went to shift the wags I to the shed. Wouldn't start. Something electrical. Left her parked half inthe garden bed where she rolled to for a week. Got off my arse fiddled with a wire, started no worries. Warm up idle up the drive, get on the gas up the street, dies. Roll her down the drive leave her a week. Fiddle a wire, fires up, into the shed. See you in Feb 2012 wags!

Now the stress of weddings honeymoon financing, shed build is over, here's the work list for 2012:

1. Polish 911 wheels and re fit. Final touches and fire it up, relocate from dads house to mine!!!!

2. Fix the wife's Lanos tapper noise. Clean it up, drive off a cliff. It died about the same time my car started playing up and left us without a car lolz

3. Fit out shed

4. Gather parts for ke16 upgrades. New front end, new driver door, 4speed. Got a donor just gotta get out and strip it

5. Pull apart wagon and strip it. Send to the painters.

6. Finish off bobber frame and aim to fire up.

Gonna be a good year.