Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CAMS talk

Featured Replies

i just applied for my 2S license today so i can enter the hillclimbs in 2 weeks

 

odd timing on the thread!

  • Replies 42
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This, I took, to mean driving suit, balaclava, underwear, boots and socks to ISO6940 (which is pretty much FIA), however I didn't understand the T-shirt bit. Do they mean a T-shirt that is also ISO6940 compliant? Did they just mean underwear as in like... briefs?

 

In all the catalogues I looked at "underwear" seemed to mean both top and bottom, with the tops coming in both short (t-shirt?) and long sleeve, and all the sets (which are cheaper) come with a long sleeve so that's what I got.

 

This one time,

at Targa

 

:)

 

(you can slap me for all the times I have started a post like this!)

 

 

... a rude man asked to see my underpanties and bra. As I raised my hand to slap him, my driver explained that I had to show the scrutineer that they were fireproof.

 

So, YES, I actually had to show my Bonds knickers and cotton bra (NO underwire either, in accidents they have been known to have an eye out) to the scrutineer.

 

I wondered if the man thought that I would wear the same undies and bra the whole time, since he didn't ask to see 5 sets of them.

:P

Yes, material that breathes is a good thing for everyone (be boy or girl)

This is seriously off topic, but yeah satin is the shiny stuff that is synthetic.

 

I really can't think of any "real" man who wears underwear of a man-made material...

 

ditto for "real" women - you'd have to search the shops to buy some satin undies, they are SO 1980s!! (sorry girls if you wear them!)

So is it possible to buy underwear specific to the sup regs? not exactly the first thing i would look for when buying underwear but i'll keep that in mind when i buy my next set, he he he..

  • Author

Wow, how much is motorsport equipment supposed to be taxed???

 

The stuff I bought came up to AUD725. Even with shipping (which shouldn't be taxed) it would have come up to be about AUD820. I got charged AUD260 in tax??? That's a good 35% tax!!!

Yikes!! if you didn't factor that in, or have savings, you'd be stuffed!! I guess that is why it's good if you know someone who is in England coming back or something. Tax avoidance is a good thing. But that is loads cheaper than you were quoted. But still quite disappointing I bet

  • Author

MY STUFF ARRIVED ;)

 

SOOOOOO COOL ;) okay, fine... so the socks look REALLY GAY and the cream colored balaclavas aren't REALLY to my taste...

 

But the shoes are excellent (I'd even go as far as saying they're better than my current pair, but they did cost more) and the suit is super sexy ;)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.