Ke11 Slow Going Project

PHATKE11

who ever told you its annoying they obviously don't know what they are talking about............

true, you would have to be pretty retarded not to be able to mount, connect positive and negative and connect fuel hose on a electronic fuel pump! lol! You got this thing ready for the road yet? :)

Edited by phatke30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true, you would have to be pretty retarded not to be able to mount, connect positive and negative and connect fuel hose on a electronic fuel pump! lol!

hey phat ke30 you have got the retarded bit right cause whats annoying about hooking up a electric fuel pump? does 'downunder' stand for under a rock? :)

Hi,

The reason I asked this as my mates car had 2 SU carbies on it with a malpassi fuel pump electric one for carbies and for ages just didn't run right till he removed the fuel pump and then with factory pump in place it worked fine. So I have just been warned they can cause issues as they can over do the fuel delivery.

So that question was posted out of interest to see if a standard Asian likes those cheap electric fuel pumps or if the Asian suffers with using one. As I have been looking at buying one for my self so was just curious.

Cheers

Cameron

Hi fellas, i've been a member of this website for a while now and have yet to really post anything so i thought i'd get off my arse and take a few shots of my slow going KE11 project. Stay tuned, more pics to follow........ This girl should be up and running for the All Jap Classic in a few weeks, fingers crossed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

post-3662-1188110030_thumb.jpg

Time is running out mate :) ..... its on in 2 weeks :)

Hi,

The reason I asked this as my mates car had 2 SU carbies on it with a malpassi fuel pump electric one for carbies and for ages just didn't run right till he removed the fuel pump and then with factory pump in place it worked fine. So I have just been warned they can cause issues as they can over do the fuel delivery.

Do you actully know anything about cars?

Can't wait phatke11 to go cruizin in the old beast!

Edited by phatke36

Wow a fair bit of blatant pointless bashing here....... electric fuel pumps can cause problems with carbs if they are a high pressure pump. Go for the highest volume possible but with a fairly low pressure, and it won't cause problems. High pressure pumps can destroy the floats and jets etc in a carb.

Funny how one person says something and everyone else jumps on the flaming bandwagon

^^^^^^^^^every word you said is true, every word, (I'm part of the problem too) you can run any electronic fuel pump you like (not injection pumps though), depends what is on hand and available at the time. if the pump isnt matched to the application your useing it for, install a fuel regulator, problem solved! Sorry for off topic guys!

cheers phatke30!

Hey guys, finally got the old girl on the road. Goes well but like all projects there is always one or two things that need to be fixed after its on the road. Exhaust is a bit how you going and the car seems to be chewing the fuel, yes i know i have twin carbs but still it is a little higher consumption as it should be so a good tune of the carbs might be on the cards. Stay tuned for more pics, anyone attending the jap classic this weekend on the northside of brissy please come check it out!!!!

Cheers Adam :y:

Hi,

Congrats on getting it on the road.

With twin carbies I find a great tuning tool is a good accurate vacuum gauge on the manifold I have mounted on my KE15 console and also the Jaycar O2 sensor kit with LED display in the car. Can get a good tune at home and work out which carbie is richer and while driving get 02 read outs 24/7 when it is on great kit about $60 I can recommend getting one.

Cheers

Cameron