Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jip_01's Ke36 Dorris 1 (d1) & 2 (d2)

Featured Replies

hey how are you goin , i was just wondering if you knew of anywhere to get a replacement tail light and rear blinker for a ke 38 or ke36 ??

 

thanks

  • Replies 73
  • Views 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Well almost a year on and with minimal work done to Dorris, she has been replaced with Dorris 2 (D2). Dorris 1 (D1) will eventually be stripped and cubed but until then its good for parts storage.

 

I bought this KE36 from corollaandy

Its a 1976 KE36 just like D1. It was originally white then repainted gun metal grey. The previous owner also upgraded the brakes. That's the brake booster and girlock calipers. Also update KE55 door trims and KE55 dash.

Another upside is the grille. Its the one I was originally wanting for the wags. Now almost every car has a grille from every model.

post-1158-1212394022_thumb.jpg

The tailgate has a dint on the right at the bottom. It is also missing the hinge. Lucky I have a spare out back. :bash:

I think the exhaust looks pretty cool too. Its off to the side.

post-1158-1212394037_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1212394052_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1212394067_thumb.jpg

Just look at this rear bumper!! Just proving a wagon with a good rear bar isn't unheard of!! :yes:

post-1158-1212394121_thumb.jpg

The lining is rooted. Luckily the other wagon has brand new lining.

post-1158-1212394417_thumb.jpg

Here is the interior, The door trims will be replaced with early KE30 ones, I'm going for the strap handle look. The dash will come out, its only got a couple small cracks, it will be replaced with the early one I fitted into D1 earlier this year.

post-1158-1212394435_thumb.jpg

This seat had two seat covers on it ;) The seat doesn't look too bad, too bad it'll be coming right out. Those hot black ones will be going right in. :yes:

post-1158-1212394492_thumb.jpg

I like this touch. It might go into my KE55 hardtop SL2.

post-1158-1212394455_thumb.jpg

And lastly, this came with it. :yes: A metal shelf!!

post-1158-1212394466_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1212394478_thumb.jpg

nice i was watching that car but funds prevented me from buying :bash:

you have a good selection of rollas bro

  • Author

Not much of an update for today.

 

Put the early seats in. Had trouble fitting them in this time as well as last time in D1, I had to remove all carpet under where the front seat bracket touches the rail as it lifted the seat too high. Its got me thinking, did the early wagons have carpet or maybe vinyl??

 

Anyway not sure if you can see this is before I cleaned the seats up...

post-1158-1212456576_thumb.jpg

... and after.

post-1158-1212456602_thumb.jpg

 

 

Depending how I feel tomorrow I might do the whole dash.

Early wagons had Vinyl dude. :bash:

 

post-600-1212457867_thumb.jpg

 

That was my KE36 Panel Van's factory interior. The black dash looks so much better. You should convert back to the early dash :yes:

Ke36 & 38 vans had the vinyl,

 

ke36 & 38 wagons had the carpet,

 

cheers phatke30!

  • Author

Thats what I thought. Tho these seats originated in a sedan. I doubt that the rail that the seats bolt to are differant to the sedan ones. So that still doesn't explain why even without carpet it is so difficult to bolt down.

Ke36 & 38 vans had the vinyl,

 

ke36 & 38 wagons had the carpet,

 

cheers phatke30!

 

Ah not true!

 

My ke38 wagon has vinyl :bash:

Looking good mate...Those new seats look the part too.

  • Author

Well as promised, the new dash is in.

Here are the shots.

 

KE55 dash out.

post-1158-1212562039_thumb.jpg

Wires, Wires, Wires!!

post-1158-1212562055_thumb.jpg

I got this over a year ago from ebay. I didn't need it then. SCORE!!

post-1158-1212562130_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1212562145_thumb.jpg

This is one addition I will be making, it's a rear demister.

post-1158-1212562161_thumb.jpg

And the final product...

I've got the new mats at home and it really needs a vac.

post-1158-1212562177_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1212562191_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1212562252_thumb.jpg

big improvement i like the early dash's they just seem a bit more interesting and are just cool :dance:

great job keep it up :lmao: :hmm:

Looks much better with the new dash mate........

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.