Fusion Ke30

fusion

Picked up my first car just recently in South Aus :)

Done 80,000 original km's with full service history. Couple of spots of bubble rust (which I plan on getting restored), cracked dash and an unusual yellow paint area on the front panels are pretty much the worst things on the whole.

I am the 3rd owner. 1st was an older gentleman who only did around 5000 kms per year and the 2nd being a younger chick who pretty much did bugger all aswell. So its all nice and neat.

Heres a quick squiz before I get some more pictures

dscf0054hx9.th.jpg

Already has tinted windows, cd stereo and an alarm system, but have plans for paint restoration firstly, than suspension and brakes and than look into an engine conversion.

Cheers Fusion :D

Edited by fusion

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up my first car just recently in South Aus :)

Done 80,000 original km's with full service history. Couple of spots of bubble rust (which I plan on getting restored), cracked dash and an unusual yellow paint area on the front panels are pretty much the worst things on the whole.

I am the 3rd owner. 1st was an older gentleman who only did around 5000 kms per year and the 2nd being a younger chick who pretty much did bugger all aswell. So its all nice and neat.

Heres a quick squiz before I get some more pictures

dscf0054hx9.th.jpg

Already has tinted windows, cd stereo and an alarm system, but have plans for paint restoration firstly, than suspension and brakes and than look into an engine conversion.

Cheers Fusion :D

Welcome to the club mate :hmm:

Nice and tidy 30 you've got there. Sounds like it will be getting looked after well.

Keep us all posted with pics etc..

:)

Welcome to the club mate :hmm:

Nice and tidy 30 you've got there. Sounds like it will be getting looked after well.

Keep us all posted with pics etc..

:)

Cheers PHATKE20S :hmm: On that note if anyone has used or knows of any decent rust restorers or paint restorers in SA give me the heads up. Would be appreictaed :)

Just booked it in for a full service and tune this Friday. The seller said it had been done recently, but I want to know personally it has been done properly. The car will also have a check over for a parts build up list :D

how do you want the rust repaired.

If you want it welded up then any crash repairer, but be warned it wont be cheap.

if you want you're welcome to bring it round and I'll show you how to clean and cut the rust out, apply the protective coatings, bog up and sand to the correct finish.

Cheers

jordan

Thanks for the offer Jordan, much appreciated. I shall see how you go and I could just take you up on that :cool:

Cars been off road for the past 2 days . . . got some goodies put in :P

- Oringinal (!!) KE30 brand new radiator.

- Electric Thermo Fan setup

- Waterpump

- Monroe front shocks

- Bumper stoppers

- 2" RPM Tacho in dash (near factory look :party:)

So I have been happy :yes: And pictures will come soon :y:

Next is sound system maybe . . . bit of a music head and have to have something decent. Maybe 2 x 6" Pioneers with a Pioneer Head Unit. . .

Cheers Fusion

• 3 weeks later...

Quick piccy of the RPM tacho in

dscf0135qr7.th.jpg

And of the polishing I have been doing on the chrome parts around the car

dscf0137ic2.th.jpg

Been pulling apart the car slowly and cleaning it all of the 29 year old grit. Feeling cleaner every go :no2:

Also been talking with the mechanic about boring out the 3K, replacing the cams, adding extractors and another exhaust, with a single 45mm Weber. Should have the money for it around Christmas time :P

Edited by fusion

Just bought some interior black strap door handles from a Mini! Yes i know i will be slain . . . but they just might fit up nicely :cool:

New old stock and only costed me $5 so I can't go to wrong!!

Also looking into buying a decent headunit . . . should know tomorrow if I have one or not :yes:

Last of all I'm looking into Comprehensive insurance for around $150 :)

Edited by fusion

tacho looks good

Yeah it looks good, but I need to bring it forward about 1cm, change it to a green LED and if I really wanted to try to, put the same plastic front on it as the Quartz clock :cool: Than it will look good, well at least to my eye :)

Also working alot in the next few weeks, so I can sort out whether I'm going down the 3K modified or 2TG engine path.

3K: - 45mm Weber

- Large Cam

- Bored / Ported

- Extractors, exhaust (2 1/4"?)

2TG: - Twin Solex 40 - 44mm

- Large Cam

- 5 speed lightened fly wheel

- Extractors, exhaust

- Brake work possibly

Edited by fusion

Took out the center console and have been working on it.

The previous owner did his own installation of the sound system, or it was a dodgey install by a business!

The previous head unit was held in by bandage tape and was cut out pretty roughly. I have managed to sand it nice and smooth and make it pretty straight luckily.

The Pioneer, which I got for a nice little price, fits in nice and smug now, but needs custom brackets behind it for more support. Weighs a little bit and might crack the console.

dscf0138kh6.th.jpg

6b08_1.JPG

Now all I need to do is fix the gear boot as that was exactly done to nicely either :)

Fusion

Edited by fusion

Been driving it more and more lately and I swear my spedo is out by around 5 - 10 kmph. But luckily I found a neat place that might be able to help :)

Adelaide Instruments Services

Should be able to take it there next week for a check up and also look into getting some bright green LED's for my gauges :D