August 29, 200719 yr comment_194557 Just had to share this picture. This is what is currently sitting in my garage. Unfortunately not mine - my Dad's. I'm babysitting it while my folks complete their move from Newcastle back to Canberra. And the photos don't do it justice, it is schmick. Report
August 29, 200719 yr comment_194560 lOl, I can see that going well. Oh and "to wind the K's back off drop it into reverse" Report
August 30, 200719 yr comment_194612 How did you end up driving a corolla if your old man has such good taste in cars? Evidently, not everything is heriditary :D Report
August 30, 200719 yr comment_194616 Ugh, I never like the coupe's. At least it's not a Series 3 V12 with the big ugly grille at the front. Please tell me that it's a 4.2L. Mmm, 4.2L XK6. Report
August 30, 200719 yr comment_194621 thats only T&A, bump it up to hardcore and show some engine and the inside :D Report
August 30, 200719 yr Author comment_194622 anastasios - I did, into the garage. :D Plenty of time to drive it later. And at almost 40 myself don't think I'll be pulling skidz or cruising for the babes in it. :) 7shades - hey! I resemble that remark. You know you love the Rollas! Am I redeemed because I have a Triumph Spitfire with a TR6 engine as project car? Nah, didn't think so. ancullen - 'Tis a 6. Pretty sure it is a 4.2 not a 3.8 - definitely not a V12. They looked bad. I'm not a huge fan of the 2+2 look, didn't mind the standard coupe but really like the very early convertible and the racing "lightweight". Report
August 30, 200719 yr comment_194627 I used to like the E-type - until I saw the XK140 and the MkII sedan. I still like the early convertible's (there was BRG one on this year's Rejex Rally - it wasn't quick), but would LOVE a MkII with a worked 4.2. Mmm, 60's gangster style. :D Report
August 30, 200719 yr comment_194631 I used to like the E-type - until I saw the XK140 and the MkII sedan. I still like the early convertible's (there was BRG one on this year's Rejex Rally - it wasn't quick), but would LOVE a MkII with a worked 4.2. Mmm, 60's gangster style. :) haahhaahahaha MKII you say...... :D i lie its only the 420 :) but damnnn it was sexy in its day sorry about the poor photo....theres to much shit in the way to get a decent one Report
August 30, 200719 yr comment_194636 What do you mean only the 420??? The 420's the best model - it got the better suspension of the S-type AND the 4.2L engine that was never available in the MkII. Report
August 30, 200719 yr comment_194648 What do you mean only the 420??? The 420's the best model - it got the better suspension of the S-type AND the 4.2L engine that was never available in the MkII. that is true, but it never sold ne where near the same volume as the MKII. lol apparently the old girl could churp every gear. Never actually seen it run, was long before i was born. (i finksss I'm the reason its sitting there :D ah well......its for sale btw :) Report
August 30, 200719 yr comment_194653 hahahhaaahhaha i kinda want to bring her out and eventually do her up....but :(money....and i really need the space atm for MY car lol..ill try and get some more pics for ya Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now