Ella

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have? Congratulations, that's a very good move.

I'm always jealous of young guys that spend heaps on their cars. Then I realise how much I've saved when they've gone through two or three cars and performance upgrades for each car.

On my cars alone (not ones Alley has owned with me), I've spent AT LEAST $13,000 just to buy and maintain/improve them. That doesn't include fuel or registration! Considering I've had three cars I've owned on my own, and bought them all within a five year period, I would have used at least $6,000 on fuel, and another $2,500 on rego. Suddenly I've spent $21,500 on cars. FARK!!!

Then with the cars that Alley and I own together (ZZE122, TA22, ST205), there's another $40,500 in cars!!! Plus at least another $4,000 in various costs for them, plus fuel. Shite!!!

Damn I'm glad we own a house that's going up in value - it's the only way to offset our spending on cars!

Yes I have put money in savings account, savings for what you ask, 99% sure its for my car :P.

I bought the car for 4700(a little much but I was desperate for a car). Interior 2000, Stereo 3000, odd bits maybe 1000. So thats about 10000 already. Plus all the motor work that will probably be happening 10-15000(rebuild, gearbox rebuild, blardy blah blah) repaint 5000. a lot of farking money lol. Plus I have another savings account that I always deposit money in etc for a house anyways, maybe 1-200 a week, it does add up, suprises me sometimes lol.

Meh, whatever you want to call it, it's worth at least $300,000. Not bad when we only paid $222,000 for it two and a half years ago. :P

I've just updated my project page for Lola. For those of you that can't be bothered reading all of it, my current engine plan is as follows:

Bigport head

288-degree, 11.65mm lift cams

Metal head gasket (not sure on compression yet)

BIG valves

SC14 supercharger

160mm crank pulley

102mm supercharger pulley

Lightweight water pump and alternator pulleys

As for the inlet manifold, I'm still leaning towards quad throttle bodies. I could get a RWD inlet manifold and fit it much cheaper, but I don't like the long intake runners, and I'm concerned about air flow. There are also clearance issues, as can be seen on Jason's AE71 that he is building with 4A-GZE with SC14:

post-397-1193894747_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking it might be best to make our own manifold to fit the quad throttles to the bigport head. This way we can angle the throttles upwards to easily clear the supercharger and it's piping.

I would like to go for 300hp with an SC12, but I think it'd be spinning the smaller supercharger too hard. SC14 has more volume, so it's take a bit more grunt to keep it turning, but I think the extra power produced will be worth it. :wink:

Good point, I have read if the supercharged is driven to hard and doesnt flow enough air it infact acts on a drag on the engine, not providing enough flow. I have seen a few people building 20V gze's, SC12 doesnt flow enough and causing a drag on the engine.

SC14 ftw Adam.