I Wanna Move To Nz!!!

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad
yep nz has the best when it comes to cars! my brother has a Toyota Curen (sp?)

the corolla wagons are hot hot hot!

lol currens are quite common and very sort after in the way of performance/looks/ricer.

This thread is funny youz are naming al these cars that are everyday sights.

Try www.trademe.co.nz in the motors section to see our vechiles.

For any body who doesn't know, they're almost a smaller Stagea! AWD, Intercooled turbo 4 pot, and they were all manual unlike Stageas. They're slightly smaller than a camry wagon.

FYI.... About 90% of the ST215 (97-02) were tiptronic auto's.

They recently gained import approval (link) and have a few of compliancers already. The manual will command top dollar due to rarity.

192kW and 324nm from the gen4 3sgte.

The newer ST246 are Tiptronic auto only. Import approval is pending.

FYI.... About 90% of the ST215 (97-02) were tiptronic auto's.

They recently gained import approval (link) and have a few of compliancers already. The manual will command top dollar due to rarity.

192kW and 324nm from the gen4 3sgte.

The newer ST246 are Tiptronic auto only. Import approval is pending.

So its that the GT T that I won't? a ST215?

Had a feeling they might be 3sgte's! :)

The ST215 Caldina's also came with a 7A-FE, 3S-FE or diesel 3C-TE engine, none of which are eligible for import.

As you may have guessed, the drivetrain is based off the Celica. Google

Their on-paper specs are quite impressive when you consider the latest WRX has 169kW and 320nM compared to 192kW and 324nM plus other tricky bits which are only becoming standard now (like vehicle stability control)

Manual versions can still be found (if they haven't already been sold to other countries).

Hit up importers like Prestige Motorsports or J-Spec to keep an eye out for them at the auctions.

Benefits with dealing directly with the importer is that you can set the price/specs you're after, and be alot cheaper than buying from a local dealer. Example

And Caldina GT's can be bought in Australia for about $17,000. I want one - mainly so I can stick it to the Stagea's that live in Darwin. :P

have found a few of these on the jspec site and have spoken to the Jspec guys a few times they seem to be good to deal with and 13odd grand better option than a stagea.

They are sick!!!!

stu.

Edited by kickn5k

J-spec are good... but also very busy and can sometimes take a while to respond to emails if you have a lot of questions. They do turn up some interesting stuff from time to time though. Join the mailing list.

I recommend the Iron Chef...

Click

Nice guy... happy to answer endless inane questions.

• 2 weeks later...

i have been lucky enough to be the 1st Queenslander to own a St215W Caldina. Also have the rare Dark Blue colour.

From a family that has owned serveral skylines,starlet gt's and the odd corona, we have been very impressed overall with the caldina. I love the stupid looks you get from beaten victims as they try to work out what the car is. Although currently it is basically stock as a rock, the car is quite quick but a manual version would be an outright killer (had to buy an auto as wife has auto licence). Traction and stability controls are a pain in the backside as they cannot be turned off inside the car. Also the Factory HID are a painfull to reinstall after compliance (they replace them with crap 55w bulbs) as the whole front bar needs to be removed to access two clips that hold the headlights to the chassis. The HID amplifiers hide in the base of the headlight. Fuel economy at 110k/h is also terrible.

Overall the package is good, but more suited for a city run than highway use. I hope to take it to Willowbank shortly to test the standard 1/4 time, from what i have heard they usually run a 13.8, all i know that from 110 to 180 the car is very quick.

If you want more pics let me know....

post-4422-1191323248_thumb.jpg