Ke20 Strut Braces

YKE 20T

Received my strut brace today :lolcry:

Big thanks to Lindsay!!!

I'm also a bit disappionted.........but only with the crap quality/color of the paint. I planned on powder coating them later anyway, but looks like its gonna be sooner rather than later. I havent fitted it yet, but ill get some pics up once i do :fuzz:

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

yeah, its so bodgy. i reckon you could get a hacksaw out and make it shorter. its just that we shouldn't have to, whats so frustrating is that the pic on the Techno Toy Tuning website shows an obviously different strut brace, why they sent these shit ones over is beyond me. i wanted the one on their website because it lifts the actual bar up an inch which is all i need to clear the inlet manifold. i got no reply email when i complained.

yeah, its so bodgy. i reckon you could get a hacksaw out and make it shorter. its just that we shouldn't have to, whats so frustrating is that the pic on the Techno Toy Tuning website shows an obviously different strut brace, why they sent these shit ones over is beyond me. i wanted the one on their website because it lifts the actual bar up an inch which is all i need to clear the inlet manifold. i got no reply email when i complained.

yeah, i'd have to agree about the fact they come straight out, and don't have any height relief. i wasn't able to fit it with the stock airbox/filter...but i did manageto get mine to fit, just took a bit of time.

take the adjusting nuts from both rose joints, and then wind the bar onto both of them.

fit the rose joints to strut plates.

remove the nuts and washers from one strut.

put the strut plate onto the strut tower, push it outwards as much as possible and do up with/without the washers (i went without)

then fit the otherside as you did the first side.

pics are available of it installed in my ride thread (able to reach it via my sig)

if you can't find one locally for the same price, one that you can check out before buying...then maybe you'd buy one of these.

i can't see these lasting for a long time on a track car, but then i really don't know how strong it is.

i'd suggest getting the bar shortened by 10mm at each end if you wanted to get one from T3.

• 2 weeks later...

last friday my mate brought his tools around and measured me up for a carbon fibre front strut brace.

saw it for the first time this morning sans clearcoat and epoxy.

will hopefully have it in a week or two. i'll get pics of it when i'm around there this weekend.

the thing is light as buggery....330ish grams currently, will be less than 450g when finished. he's made this one with the least material he's prepared to put into it.

this is the 2nd one he's made, the first being a rear strut brace for his ae82 twincam. his one weighs around 680g.

anyway, i'll stop talking now until i have pics for you all

cheers dF

• 2 years later...