Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Something I Found On This Arvos Travels!!

Featured Replies

Deleted

Edited by Sbox

  • Replies 53
  • Views 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

:lolcry: Jeez am I glad I logged off last night when I did!!

 

Sbox, we understand that you work on deisel turbos.........So does Matt......different types of deisel turbos.

And you sorta made yourself look like the goose here through aguing about it the way you have.

 

Remeber arguing on the internet is like running in the speacial olympics, even if you win, your still retarded!! :P

^thats not a personal attack on you, merely a statement.

 

We now know how this particular turbo works......end of story. :bash:

 

 

TREV - Was originally posted as I thought the reason he wasn't getting boost was the fact he had a 3 litre turbo on a 1.2 litre motor. We now know this is not correct.

 

However, I know I have now learnt quite a lot more about turbos, thanks to this thread, and I'm sure many others have to.

 

And really mate,.....what did Cameron do to deserve the title "village idiot"!? :bash: I why do we need to get rid of him!!??

We all do stuff they may be considered danderous, he was trying to illistrate how air hitting the wheel on different angles will generate more turbo RPM.

Oh, did any of you take a good look at the carby on the Datto. If it ever makes boost it will not run for long and you should all have picked up straight away. It's not in a pressure vessel and will have some serious issues, thought this thread was a bit of a joke from the start as per my earlier post.

 

Why does the carb need to be in a pressure vessel??

  • Author
Why does the carb need to be in a pressure vessel??

 

It doesn't!!!!

 

That is just one way of doing things, like I did, see avatar pic of engine bay.

 

Provided all of the seals and gaskets in the carby are ok, you don't have to run the carby enclosed like I did.

Ok guys I'm not a moderator BUT some information has come to light that may have added to some forum members being a little out of line last night.

 

Apologies have been given and accepted between parties i believe and i think this needs to be put to rest.

 

CAM if you have any issues with anything that was said please PM the people concerned and I'm sure it will be sorted ASAP>

 

MAtt

Back on topic.

 

I think even if your deisel wastegate thingy was working properly, look at the sizing of the turbo, its all wrong! I would have to doubt that a little motor like that could spool a rear housing of that size at all.

  • Author
Back on topic.

 

I think even if your deisel wastegate thingy was working properly, look at the sizing of the turbo, its all wrong! I would have to doubt that a little motor like that could spool a rear housing of that size at all.

 

Its not a waste gate!!!! Its a vacuum solenoid. :lolcry: And it is the problem.

 

Matt mentioned this before, that you can double the capacity of the engine when using a deisel turbo, as the petrol engine will do roughly twice the RPM of the deisel motor.

I imagine that part of the reason for the large rear housing is also because it has the VNT system built into it.

HAAH Matt not affended by any parties at all...it is hes opinion about me so meh what do I care.

 

Also Sbox one more note..I use my rotating turbo as an EXAMPLE....I didn't say hold air at 100PSI for 5min till bearing welds together. Or to use your TV94 internals. I said a rough guide on how to demo straight how different "angles of attack" on a turbine can affect its performance. When I did it I had a CT12 turbo internals and did if for SECONDS with oil on the bearing. So I didn't do what your apprentice did with a bearing I'm not that stupid. And I even stated they can do a lot of RPM here and DON'T hit your finger so I knew what I was doing as I do build aircraft for a living and gas turbines I know the forces that are at work......

 

But with his setup did this datto get the carby over hauled? Could be a leak. Also His turbo outlet pressure line tot he carby is that radiator hose? This can work but by the looks of his it isn't QUIET the right stuff so even if he got boost should he maybe change to some aluminum piping?

 

Also one thing we always do when starting gas turbines we look to see if the internals are rotating. Does his turbo spin with oil pressure on the shaft and the engine running? Just have a look as something could be jamming...does happen.

 

Cheers

Cameron

  • Author

Think that CT12 was pretty "well oiled" befor you got it Cam!!! :lolcry:

 

Just for the record guys, with the info provided by Madrolla68 last night, this was running 5psi this arvo! :P That was just with a cable tie holding the solenoid back a bit.

 

Gotta go help with a couple of other things tomoz (mainly fuel setup) so I might take a couple more pics and maybe a vid.

 

Its in a tough looking little 1200 ute BTW. Has little bolt ons like mine and dishy wheels. Looks tough! :bash:

HAHAH it was well oiled Si..lol it actually had a busted thrust bearing that unit so plenty of oil coated that thing..LOL

 

MMM 5PSI a start. What is he aiming for with the carby setup?

 

Also hows his manifold made? is it just mild pipe weld up at home or a off the shelf unit?

 

Also anymore specs on his ride like fuel system so far engine internals etc?

 

And I think we all want to know what is faster the datto or your corolla :lolcry:

 

Cheers

Cameron

  • Author
MMM 5PSI a start. What is he aiming for with the carby setup?

 

Shits and giggles!! :P Sorta like I was when I started, just playing and learning. Now I'm bit....first the rotor bug, now the forced K bug! :bash:

 

Just real basic shit man, mild J, no (sufficient) fuel set up...yet. Dizzy wasn't even locked today! :lolcry:

 

Can't see it being anywere near as fast as the roller WILL BE! :bash: Gimme time.

Mind you these things must weigh like as much as a left testicle, so that'l make a bit of difference.

haha pends how big the testicle is if it will affect results..LOL

 

Well in a way he is lucky if he wasn't boosting much with out a locked dizzy.. or good by Mr head gasket.LOL

 

And the forced K bug is still to get me :lolcry: All I need is a idler pulley off a K aircon bracket and I'm set to SC14 my car but do you think you can find that stupid pulley these days..

 

Cam

And the forced K bug is still to get me :lolcry: All I need is a idler pulley off a K aircon bracket and I'm set to SC14 my car but do you think you can find that stupid pulley these days..

 

Cam

 

Its possible that I may be coerced into parting with one...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.