Fishing - Toms Huge Great White.....

TOMsGPTurbo

Fishing - Toms huge Great White.....bream lol =)

Toms29cmBream.JPG

I went shark fishing today (15/10/2004) and only manage to catch this lil bream, however I took it home and its sitting in the fridge waiting for the BBQ :)

Whats some good local fishing holes ??? I don't really like to drive far ... I like to go between Tweed heads and Bribie.... however I have travelled to Noosa river just to wet a line.

Do I need a license to fish in the fresh water streams and dams?

Also if you have some good fishing stories share em :) or Photos :D

TomsBribieBream.jpg

here is a smaller bream I caught last weekend in Bribie, about 5mins before a huge logger head turtle popped its head out of the water and said hi to me ! I thought it was a rock until it started swimming, my guess to the size and weight... over 1.2m's and 40-50kgs maybe ..... bloody big :)

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Members dont see this ad

Thanks mate :)

I've been working hard, so most nights I don't have the energy or time to set down in front of comp, no net access at work besides for gov sites.

With the top bream, I didn't even know it was on the line! I had half a steak on a big hook and 2 sinkers and nothing was biting so I decided to bring in the line and out poped a bream to my suprise... it didn't even put up a fight lol

Congrats on your haul there Tom, thats an impressive sized Bream you have there.

My last catch was 5 decent whiting, caught them near the mouth of the Caboolture River. (Smallest one in the picture is 23cm)

whiting.jpg

whiting2.jpg

The Friday fortnight before I caught those fish, I caught 14 or so Whiting in the same spot.

I recon we need a rollaclub fishing day, see who has the skills :)

some nice hauls there :)

ive not caught a decent saltwater fish for ages. we have been fishing for carp mostly in the river and have pulled up a few 2-3kg monsters! just getting started in the world of squidding... a mate went out last weekend off one of our metro beaches in adelaide and came back with the 45 boat limit of decent squid!

my camping/fishing trip starts on monday, i will ensure i update this thread with the details of the haul :)

Some nice catches there guys

Whats some good local fishing holes

well, if you're really lazy like me then Norman Creek can be good for a bit of fun (ie: don't eat the fish). Ive fished a few spots along it & the best by far is on the jetty next to Easts Soccer Club (next to Churchie). I've caught numerous bream & whiting and once got a 60cm threadfin salmon..and of course the ever present catfish :)

its amazing the difference live bait makes...a cast net is invaluable

recon we need a rollaclub fishing day, see who has the skills

good idea...i wonder how much it costs to charter a boat for some deep sea goodness...prolly a small fortune :)

On another fishing trip out on my uncles boat overnight, I caught this grinner, unfortunatly it died so I decided to use him as bait..

grinner.jpg

Then using half the grinner as bait, on my gang hooks, I managed to land this huge arsed catfish (We were anchored not far from the logan river i think at the time)

catfish.jpg

Edited by Medicine_Man

hey gys, i do alot of spear fishing, and i have caught the odd "shark" , literally.. port jackson and wobbegong.. they can get quite big. i have seen like port jackson sharks about 1.5-2 meters long.. i have also bagged 30cm leather jacket and bream, mullett etc.. well cya!

cheerz

carl

One of the most scary things I have seen was when I was flying to Tangalooma in a Cessna, as we were flying over the bay I was looking at the boats and saw one single hul centre console fishing boat est. size around 5m long and 2 tiger sharks about 15m away from his boat that would of been around 6m long.

I got in contact with some marine biologists who work in morton bay and they confirmed my sighting and said that the tigers that big are rare but are in our waters.

Did you know we have some 'whites' in the bay too? I would assume these to be great whites?!?

And people wonder why I stay out of the water lol :)