October 26, 200718 yr comment_205351 sorry but i doubt those mini cooper disc setups will be avaliable anytime in the next few years. ill second that, he is only registering interest, so at the usual ajps way maybe looking at Chrismas next year getting them made lol. Report
October 26, 200718 yr comment_205359 Meh, I'm not in a super rush. I've still got Commodore Bendix Ultimate brake pads to use on the current Girlocks before I go for the RX7 brakes. Report
October 26, 200718 yr comment_205397 I wouldnt use VT calipers...you need a massive master cylinder to fill them with fluid! Id suggest RX7 or VB-VS Commodore calipers and Mini discs. These discs only need drilling to 4x100 and a bit chamfered of the hole and they bolt on. Report
October 26, 200718 yr comment_205408 I wouldnt use VT calipers...you need a massive master cylinder to fill them with fluid! Id suggest RX7 or VB-VS Commodore calipers and Mini discs. These discs only need drilling to 4x100 and a bit chamfered of the hole and they bolt on. i'm running the hoppers stoppers AUIII pbr twin piston 285mm rotor kit on my ke20b. only needs a 1inch master cylinder which they supplied to suit. fairly massive brakes no strut change came with all the gear ie hubs brackets so on. brakes are one thing you should never skimp on. i'd prefer my last thoughts not to be "i wish i had gone twin pistons" lol. spend he money you'll never regret it. Edited October 26, 200718 yr by YKE 20T Report
October 26, 200718 yr comment_205432 Don't skimp on the brake pads either. Calipers are gonna be useless if you fill them with crap pads. (And no, bendix is not a good quality brand of brake pad) Report
October 26, 200718 yr comment_205441 People are starting to realise AU calipers are better than crap VTs. I wonder what size calipers pistons AUII calipers have..... Report
October 26, 200718 yr comment_205481 People are starting to realise AU calipers are better than crap VTs. I wonder what size calipers pistons AUII calipers have..... Sooooo...... please xplain to us all why the AU callipers are better then the VT ones. As they both require a 1" cylinder, so your first reason sucks. Report
October 27, 200718 yr comment_205514 Ok. VT calipers flex under hard braking thats the main reason why some companies use AU ones. Ring John at Cebco brakes or Matt at Race Brakes Sydney and they will tell you. Going from a 19.05mm master cylinder to 1" would probably be ok as its a big jump up in size but there are still better calipers about. Report
October 27, 200718 yr Author comment_205543 Ebay Are these the Calipers that everbody uses with the AU Caliper kits? Report
October 27, 200718 yr comment_205571 I think so. The 'sports' version are just powdercoated....... Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now