Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Safe Load Od Psi For Standard 4age 20v Blacktop

Featured Replies

I still believe that 8 pound is f**k all boost, shouldnt really be an issue with a decent decompressed head gasket fitted

I still believe that 8 pound is f**k all boost, shouldnt really be an issue with a decent decompressed head gasket fitted

 

Blacktop rods arent as shoddy as people think. Its rpm that is hardest on rods, more so than boost. That is unless you have shocking fuel/pinging/poor advance settings. I don't see how the 4age with the best top end and highest factory revlimit can have the weakest rods. It just doesnt make sense to me. Does anybody know of someone who has actually had a blacktop rod fail under boost or rpm? don't tell me what youve "heard", I want to hear from someone who knows they suck for a fact. The worst thing Ive heard of is spun bearings. Just like any motor.

Blacktop rods arent as shoddy as people think. Its rpm that is hardest on rods, more so than boost. That is unless you have shocking fuel/pinging/poor advance settings. I don't see how the 4age with the best top end and highest factory revlimit can have the weakest rods. It just doesnt make sense to me. Does anybody know of someone who has actually had a blacktop rod fail under boost or rpm? don't tell me what youve "heard", I want to hear from someone who knows they suck for a fact. The worst thing Ive heard of is spun bearings. Just like any motor.

Hmmm I tend to agree, and besides, from personal experience I've found that ring lands are more likely to cop a beating from boost than conrods....Just a personal observation of course.

In my n/a turbo sr20 the rod was the first to go, it really does depend on the motor, and the abuse level.

I believe that lighter rods are a big advantage in an n/a motor, and are factory fitted for a reason.

I dare say that most newer factory rods these days can handle a fair bit, and only detonation would be able to bend or break one

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

Toyota put lighter rods in as they were trying to reduce rotational weight as much as possible to improve acceleration.

 

Hence the reason toyota put a "SUPER RESPONSIVE" decal on the firewall, Not kidding either.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.