Weber's Twin Cam Seca

webers4x48

Members dont see this ad

After putting new plugs in the donor, I got it running again but not idling. I had to hold it at about 3000rpm but about 30 secs later I smelt something burning n immediately switched it off. Look under the car to see the cat n the hotdog glowing. Oops :0 I thought it might be a blocked cat so I ripped it out n gutted it. Not that. After looking at why it wouldn't idle, found out the cooler piping wasn't attached. Fixed that n now I have 12psi n 3rd gear chirps :)

Keep ya posted

LB

You would have been right Luke. I have had the flu for the last couple of days myself.

It now goes really good!! It feels really close to my old setup in the 11.

BTW webers how'd you spot the boost leak???hahaha

More a precaution than anything, was a cold & turned into a chest infection. It knocked the hell out of me & didn't wish it upon anyone, I think I spent the majority of the weekend sleeping... :lol:

Will be around to play Vikings soon enough! :y:

• 1 month later...

Webers, BKS and myself got a fair bit done in the rain yesterday. The motor and box completely out of the seca and red rocket is about 98% ready to drop.

All was going smoothly today until he started looking at the wiring on the red car. Now I know jack all about wiring and to me it looks like its been done by a 10yr old!!

P.S. If anyone is keen to help, let me know via here..... cheers

Up to much early-this-Saturday? ;)

All was going smoothly today until he started looking at the wiring on the red car. Now I know jack all about wiring and to me it looks like its been done by a 10yr old!!

Nice work guys! :y:

Crud...solving the mysteries of other peoples attempts at wiring. As above the offer's there, haven't played with a Corolla in a while, supervision could be a good thing. :P

Crud...solving the mysteries of other peoples attempts at wiring. As above the offer's there, haven't played with a Corolla in a while, supervision could be a good thing. :P

I had to laugh when I saw a couple of earth wires just twisted together, no solder or even tape!!

Found a wiring diagram yet bro???