Ke36 Wagooooon "wagsy"

Rolla__Boy

Progress on this vehicle has all but stopped....It hasn't even been washed in weeks, and I can barely see out the rear window for dust and crap....Stupid carby pissing me off.

It's Summernats time again...I am thinkin about lowering it and putting wheels on it so it looks a little better driving around the area while I look at cars...it's currently 4am, and I finish work in 3 1/2 hours....and the nats starts tomorrow....So I have tomorrow to do it, along with sleep...etc..

So I don't know if I will bother, but I do like a challenge. If it happens....it will be pretty low...just for a bit, but hey it might inspire me to f@$k the weber off and put a standard carby on it so I don't hate the car so much...then I might even finish what I was meant to be doing to it weeks ago! :yes: SICK :y: OF :) BLOODY :bash: CARS :bash:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I think I have narrowed the carby issue down to the auto choke...I have managed to get it to idle, but high...so when I can be bothered I am going to piss the auto choke off, and then get it all tuned...and should be all good.

The wagon also had a bit of a failure...but managed to still get me around, the gearbox was making more noise than I have ever heard, but still driving haha. Now I have blown up well over 20 gearboxes, and probably about 30 diffs in my years of doing corolla burnouts, I mean driving corollas...so I have heard some noisy ones in my time...this was incredible...but it still managed to get me to Pharleys, who once again came to my rescue with a nice cheap 4 speed, and a spot of concrete to swap the bastard...

All in all the swap went smoothly...and the new gearbox is good. I am still buying a 5 speed for it...as I prefer to have a 5 speed, but at least I am not in fear of it stopping at any moment everytime I drive it haha.

The noises first started at xmas, on the way back from visiting my family at the coast...so it did pretty well. It seems it was the input shaft...which has been affecting the engine...it was surging on low throttle, which I put down to being carby, but carby hasn't been touched for weeks, and since the gearbox change it has stopped, and it's got heaps of power back...which is probably a bad thing...especially since I got a speeding ticket last night :dance:

The engine has also developed an oil leak, coming from the front main seal area...so at some stage I will pull the engine out...change all the seals, paint it like I wanted to originally, get the sump tapped for an oil return for ummm *cough*turbo*cough* and then chuck it back in and continue with my evil plans :)

should get some "offset correctors" !

those wheels would look overrated if they were sitting level with the gaurds!

but thats just my opinion :S

Too much trouble...wheels are only temporary anyway...I only put them on because I had them

Looks good Rolla Boy, i reckon she needs white walls on those trx rims and see how much of a difference it makes. You,ll love it. :hmm:

I'm not a huge fan of white walls...Also I imagine they'd be a bit of trouble keeping clean...

Carby issue is FINALLY fixed...After finishing work at 2AM on Sat morning and heading home...the carby had pushed me too far...so I went to a car wash with some light..and was intending to throw a standard rolla carby on it...after pulling the weber off, I discovered I didn't have any allen keys with me to take off the adaptor plate, so instead I pulled the weber to a million pieces at the car wash, on the little wall that the vacuum cleaner sits on haha. Anyway, having no idea what I was doing, I was hoping for something obvious to pop out at me...I pulled out a (excuse technical term) "bolted in thing" that has a vacuum line going to it, and the end that goes into the carby was covered in shit...so I cleaned it all off, nothing else seemed to be wrong...

So I put the carby back together, bolted it back on the car...started it (yes it started, and yes I am shocked) and idled perfectly. The car is still idling fine, running heaps better, but needs a tune from all the stuffing around I did while figuring out what was making it stall.

I will get the exhaust on before I bother tuning it.

Needless to say I am happy that I can actually pull up to lights and not have to rev the engine constantly in an effort to keep it running ;)