4agze Into Ae71

Phat535

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 year later...

Hi, i just found this forum while looking for other stuff.

basically this is a the same conversion as in an ae86 (if you have an ae71 not a ke70) so there is ample information on club4ag and toymods about converting the fwd motors to rwd. you HAVE to use a GE flywheel and clutch , whether its fwd or rwd as the GZE will NOT fit in any circumstances. apparently the 4age 20v flywheels are the pick of the stock bunch as they are lighter ive heard.

regarding your modplate, the ae71 HAS a 4a motor, and on the firewall will be marked with compatible motors in the series allowed in the chassis so all you have to do is call up your transport dept and change the engine number from 4AXXXX to 4AXXXX and thats all, if you don't want to go about engineering it.

as for brake upgrades, the sprinter S or T series drum or disc brakes give a good upgrade on the stock rears, and the front can be swapped easily with RA60 celica struts/discs/calipers as easily as fitting standard ones, but you get about 2 degrees of positive camber which can be corrected with either top hats or negative camber spacers (RCA's)

i have an AE71 with a 4agte myself, and it was pretty piss easy to setup mechanically, i didnt do the wiring but from what i can see its not that complicated...

heres mine: http://www.members.westnet.com.au/adsport/4agte.JPG