November 19, 200718 yr comment_210139 Hey all, just dropping by to say gday, my names Michael i currently own a suzuki swift, and I'm thinking about moving on to corollas. I want one as a project, but i don't know too much about them. I want a RWD corolla, probably either a ke70 or an ae71. I will upgrade the engine, probably with a 4age or 4afe, depending on price. My question is which model would be better for that, ke70 or ae71? and whats the average asking price for either one of those models? i checked ebay there isnt many for sale at all, i don't need one with rego just not falling to pieces :lolcry: thanks for listening Report
November 19, 200718 yr comment_210140 Hey Michael. Your making a good choice to come over to corollas. There is heaps of information available on this site as well as many others. I'd do a bit more reading before asking anymore questions. For an A engine conversion your best off with an ae71. Everyone will say 4age it. Price depends on condition but you'd be able to pick one up for around the $2k mark. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... And flamers give him a break, poor bloke drives a Swift :lolcry: Report
November 19, 200718 yr comment_210141 A AE71 stocks a 4AC motor, therefor it has 4A mounting, which should be ok for the 4AGE or 4AFE conversion. However AE71's can be harder to get lately it seems as the KE70 is usually sold the most around here and generally I think. Pricing all depends on the condition and whats included in the package. For example a AE71 thats next to new condition can fetch around the $1800 mark. However if it has rust spots and faded paint . . . could be looking at around the $800 + mark. Report
November 19, 200718 yr Author comment_210147 Sorry if if i posted in the wrong section, wasnt sure where i should put it. i'm just having a look around the site, checking out the specs of different models and such, i probably wont spend more than 600 on the car itself, so a ke70 would probably be best suited for me, unless i sell my current car. Thanks for the info Report
November 19, 200718 yr comment_210149 Its not hard to convert the KE70 to hydrolic clutch and change the engine mounts and cross member for the 4A engine. Ive done it in mine. Where are you located mate? Report
November 19, 200718 yr Author comment_210153 in western sydney, blue mountains. i've been looking around for corollas and ive seen ONE ke70, everyones too rich here to own 20 years+ cars. but I'm willing to travel if i can get one cheap. Report
November 19, 200718 yr Author comment_210154 sorry posted it twice Edited November 19, 200718 yr by Mickey H Report
November 19, 200718 yr comment_210161 in western sydney, blue mountains. i've been looking around for corollas and ive seen ONE ke70, everyones too rich here to own 20 years+ cars. but I'm willing to travel if i can get one cheap. I'm from Blacktown mate and I'm out Richmond way everynow and then for uni :lolcry: I see kesevs all the time, mostly granny spec and full of rust... I bump into the odd P plater giving theirs a thrashing. You should be able to find one with rego with your budget. just be patient... check out front yards and stuff when you drive around, always worth bashing on a front door to ask whats doing with the nugget in the front yard, might pay off for you. I got all of my Kesevs that way, one was $100 with 3 months rego, my spirit cost $200 and the other was for a case. Ill keep an eye out for you anyways. Report
November 19, 200718 yr comment_210329 if you are definately going to uprgade the motor, then i would hold out for an ae71, that way you don't have to wait around until the x-member and mounts come up for sale. you will hopefully score the t-50 gearbox this way and so all you will need is the 4age motor, cut'n'shut the manifold (or wait for a rwd one), ECU etc. just my two cents. Report
November 19, 200718 yr comment_210333 I might have a good project starter for sale in a couple of months if your willing to wait/travel to Canberra Report
November 20, 200718 yr comment_210467 And flamers give him a break, poor bloke drives a Swift :hmm: Oi, I'd sooner the G13B twincam over the 4age. Much nicer donk Only prob is where the dizzy is located :D Report
November 20, 200718 yr comment_210525 Oi, I'd sooner the G13B twincam over the 4age. Much nicer donk Only prob is where the dizzy is located :D haha i was only joking. Just thought he may be flamed a tad about his questions... Report
November 25, 200718 yr comment_211293 hay man i'm fairly new to rolla's to just pick me self up a ae71 csx for 800 bucks last week complements of ancullen really really good nick no rego 4 wheels running engine broken gearbox which needs to be replaced, o got extreemly lucky with me new car take ur time man your rolla project will come to u :P edit: i do like the look of a ke70 over ae71 but there a heck more work sorta ,,,to 4age ae71 is the way to go already a 4a engine insted of a k series. cheers welcome to rollaclub Edited November 25, 200718 yr by ae174agze Report
February 4, 200818 yr Author comment_225502 Hey just thought id bring this up, ive been spending the past few months looking around at other cars for my next project, after looking at vl's, old skylines, and some other stuff ive decided a ke70 is what i want to get. Not for a daily, just for working on and rebuilding during my spare time. So yep I'm still keeping my eyes open for some bargains, hope to have one soon ;) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now