Jip's Ke25 - Tabitha

JiP

If you look closely at the pic with the shot of the corners of both dashes, you can see the white frame. That's where the vent screws into. There should be one screw that attaches that end of the dash to the frame. The vents have nothing to do with holding the dash to the frame.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah ok now i get it. i havent pulled my dash apart yet. Funny how the vents look like they bolt straight into the dash pad. i was really convinced that it did.

Where do you get your dash's remade at? Might have to look at finding someone local to make me one up at some stage down the track.

But for reference here is a picture i took anyway. Is this how yours was Before you pulled it apart?

post-2897-1207140113_thumb.jpg

(Also a picture of my cracked dash)

post-2897-1207140180_thumb.jpg

Well here is how I went today...

This one screwed in easier.

post-1158-1207211197_thumb.jpg

But looks crap!!

post-1158-1207211255_thumb.jpg

The drivers side screwed in after a big f@$k around...

post-1158-1207211310_thumb.jpg

And it doesn't line up with the vent.

post-1158-1207211398_thumb.jpg

Here is the end result.

post-1158-1207211466_thumb.jpg

And the dashmat to help preserve the new dash.

post-1158-1207211532_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I know this isn't much of an update but these came today...

Here are the brand new front parker/indicator lights and number plate lights for the rear bumper.

post-1158-1210328673_thumb.jpg

I also took photos of all the problematic rust areas and showed my panel beater. Sadly the quote was $2,500.00

My sister then told me of her neighbour who is a retired panel beater, so after talking to him he agreed to to help me repair her. So we are now looking for the bottom sections to the front guards. As for the rest he will be helping me plate them up.

I know this isn't much of an update but these came today...

Here are the brand new front parker/indicator lights and number plate lights for the rear bumper.

post-1158-1210328673_thumb.jpg

I also took photos of all the problematic rust areas and showed my panel beater. Sadly the quote was $2,500.00

My sister then told me of her neighbour who is a retired panel beater, so after talking to him he agreed to to help me repair her. So we are now looking for the bottom sections to the front guards. As for the rest he will be helping me plate them up.

2500 bucks, WOW, I have seen smaller quotes for newer cars with more damage.