Ke55 Conversion Help, Rb20

WinKE55

allow $$ for a surge tank / a couple of fuel pumps etc. or modify your tank so its EFI friendly.

allow $$ for brake upgrade and $$ for decent rubber

allow $$ for some nice seats, you won't want to be sliding all over the vinyl standard ones.

allow $$ for getting it engineered / insured

Members dont see this ad

While the 2.0L conversion does leave you with rather thin bore walls, I just threw out 2 more 2T blocks today that I kept tripping over, so finding another block isn't really an issue.

What you need is: wait for it:

4AGE

Will get you anywhere between 65 and 175RWkW depending on how big your budget (175RWkW cost $15,000USD on the engine alone+postage and tax from the USA or Japan.) They're great motors, light weight, respond very well to tuning, plently of parts and locl support. They sound awsome when given the beans and if you get a little adventerous you can do something like this:

more4agcks7.jpg

The partillay complete build of my 4AG.

in a lightweight shell like the KE55 hardtop (coupe) it's not really the power but how you put it to groud. Since you're only a new driver, and new to the modified car scene, take my advice and that of others here. In many cases spending the same or less money on brakes and suspension will improve times on the circuit or through the hills, while makig the car more fun and enjoyable to drive. you can add power later, but power is useless if you can't put it to the ground properly or wash it off into a corner. Trust me I've got a TA22 with a 150RWkW CA18DET running kings and stock brakes. THe kings are gayer than this guy (note they were on the car when I bought it) and a new set of brake pags lasted less then an hour on the track. When I bought the car it also had 13x7 kidney mags with 235/50R13's which had so much tyre wall flex that the car wa unsafe to drive hard. These have been replaced with 15x8" rims for the street running 195(or 205)/50R15's or 14"x6 rims running 195/60R14 semi slicks for the track.

Cheers

Jordan

P.S: Stock big port 4AGE (maybe with a rebuild) with a T50 box and a few dollars on sus and brakes will have a very tidy and enjoyable package that'll keep the boys in blue happy.

Edited by Jordan

So hmm. I've tossing up between an SR20 or a 4AGE, though I sort of like the SR20 a little more at the moment. What do you guys think that would be a little cheaper and still be pretty good to do up? I've always thought of Nissan as a performance group so I am leading towards the SR20DE motor. Once I am off the laws, I will equip a turbo iff possible. Anyone have any of those engines spare? If so how much? lol.

Thanks fellas.

This thread is like masturbating with a cheese grater. Slightly amusing, but mostly painful.

Go forth, use the search button. Explore this site, toymods, google. All the information is out there waiting for you.

When you have the vaguest clue about what you want to do come back and see us.

If you have to ask how much it is to do something, trust me, you can't afford it. You get it done and pay the money.

For a budget, work out what you think it will cost, then double it, as there will be a heap of things you forgot. And if you can't do work yourself, you better have deep pockets.

:P