Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matts Ke30......sr20det

Featured Replies

  • Author
"Atomic Green" Yummmm best colour out at the moment great choice 14-extremelycool.gif Keep up the good work 2thumbs.gif

 

Yep, that colour is the light at the end of the tunnel!

 

(got to love the bintang shorts)

 

Absolutely! at $2 each theyre good for work rest and play!

  • Replies 603
  • Views 598.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • oh what a nissan feeling!
    oh what a nissan feeling!

    I am really happy with the setup, nothing hektic about the drive at all. Tyre is a 225/50/15 drag radial bfg. A 24" tire.  I'm really suprised how well they are hooking so will make it my goal to run

  • oh what a nissan feeling!
    oh what a nissan feeling!

    Nearly there, battery is a bit down on charge so no start today. Finished that steering wheel too, looks mint. Repco stock this zinc stuff, so put some in the oil to help the cams bed in Beer T

  • oh what a nissan feeling!
    oh what a nissan feeling!

    New engine mounts made.                     removed ready to finish weld    

Posted Images

That's looking like a BIG job but all worth it in the end if it turns out as good as the 25 did.

Well done Matt

whats your motivation worth????

 

 

bottle that shit, and ill buy it.

cash waiting!!!

 

love your work, wish i was still this keen to work on my cars these days.

 

keep it up.

cheers, scott

I'm going the new commodore "atomic" green. :cool:

 

It didnt really need painting, but there were a few things about the paintwork that bugged me.

 

The panel gaps were never that good,

A bubble had emerged from under the paint on one rear quarter,

I bent the lower apron when loading onto a trailer,

and i really wanted to change the look again with new paint, wheels, and full chrome all over. :y:

 

I kind of wish i never started it, cos the Crown wagon i bought needs it alot more,

it has a fair bit of rust that needs attention, but.... its my dream toyota, and i finally found one! :wink:

 

Yeah fair enough, I can understand wanting a change. I think it will look better with full chrome as opposed to colour coded bumpers etc...Can't wait to see it finished...although I can't say I am familiar with atomic green.

 

Can't wait to see what becomes of the wagon hehe

Yeah fair enough, I can understand wanting a change. I think it will look better with full chrome as opposed to colour coded bumpers etc...Can't wait to see it finished...although I can't say I am familiar with atomic green.

Can't wait to see what becomes of the wagon hehe

Hope you don't mind Matt, :cool:

I thought i could shed some light on the colour for everyone that hasn't seen it. :wink:

post-3246-1200407719.jpg

Can't wait to see the 30 in it, it's going to look great, i'm sure.

  • Author
whats your motivation worth????

 

 

bottle that shit, and ill buy it.

cash waiting!!!

 

 

:wink: man that cracked me up!

I go through stages where i could be bothered, at the moment i have a gt3076r sitting on my desk, thats my biggest motivator!

 

 

Hope you don't mind Matt, hmmmm.gif

I thought i could shed some light on the colour for everyone that hasn't seen it. cool.gif

Attached Image

Can't wait to see the 30 in it, it's going to look great, i'm sure.

 

Damn i love that color, pics never do it justice, but it sure gets me keen to get into it :cool:

 

 

Also...is that a turbo V8 engine bay in ur sig?

 

Yeh, thats my brothers project, its a holden 304 V8, in an old hr holden.

Its pretty much getting there, hes wiring it at the moment, then he has to assemble the bottom end.

Turbos a gt42r, i think..... :y:

Damn i love that color, pics never do it justice, but it sure gets me keen to get into it :wink:

No worries mate. Happy to help.

 

By the way, when are we going to see a thread for the Crown Wagon???

Yeh, thats my brothers project, its a holden 304 V8, in an old hr holden.

Its pretty much getting there, hes wiring it at the moment, then he has to assemble the bottom end.

Turbos a gt42r, i think..... :cool:

 

THAT is cool...I love HR's, my dad's had some nice ones. Post pics of it when it's done :yes:

 

 

 

Ive always had a thing for wagons :wink: , will be following your thread :y:

 

My thread will more than likely get interesting in the next few months....All I'll say is ppsssscccchhtt

  • Author
By the way, when are we going to see a thread for the Crown Wagon???

 

:wink: I'm not sure if the mods would like that, cos its not rolla....maybe..... :cool:

 

I was actually looking for a 67-70 crown wagon for about 2 yrs,

I finally got this one transported from sydney, it has a bit of rust in it, and the prep job on the paint is terrible.

So it will cop the bare metal treatment soon after the rola is done.

I'm still glad i found one!!!

It has a 7mge in it too, so it goes pretty well.. :y:

 

avatarpic.jpgIMG_0349.jpg

:wink: I'm not sure if the mods would like that, cos its not rolla....maybe..... :cool:

They probably wouldn't mind too much... :y: at least it's an old Toyota, she'll be right. :yes:

Edited by PHATKE20S

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Got a bit done this week, still just using the paint stripper,

 

First i did the ke30s new bootlid, the old one was always intended to get replaced, i found this one in excellent condition.

mmmm, bare metal.

PICT0895.jpg

PICT0896.jpg

 

Then i got a bit anxious to do a bit to the crown, so it got the paint stripper poured over the roof.

PICT0889.jpg

PICT0890.jpg

PICT0898.jpg

 

This is the worst spot of rust the old crown had in her, i had to cut the gutter off, and will be bending up a new peice to weld in soon.

PICT0894.jpg

 

A few things arrived in the mail this week too,

 

new door and screen rubbers for the crown, i was lucky to get these from the US, they don't even list them on rare spares.

PICT0901.jpg

 

Some 800cc injectors for the rola, and the bearings for the new bottom end. crap pic.

PICT0899.jpg

 

And a front case and oil pump for the new motor, cos i didnt have a DET one.

PICT0900.jpg

 

 

Last of all i thought i would show everyone why i like to take my cars back to bare metal, before respraying.

This is what i have found under the paint of every old car i have stripped back, over the entire car.

 

This is the crown roof

PICT0892.jpg

 

This is the rola boot

PICT0897.jpg

 

Because of the age of the paint, it no longer keeps the moisture out, and rust forms under the paint, giving no evidence from the outside.

The paint on the corolla boot was perfect and glossy too, so you can never tell. :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.