Matts Ke30......sr20det

Members dont see this ad
I was thinking about the seats.. but they don't recline. So long distance trips will be a little annoying with them. So I am just getting racing recliner ones you see now a days.

Looks like a great project, hopefully I will be doing very similiar too ^_^

Keep up the good work and probably be expecting some messages from me in the future.. hehe.

Always Happy to answer any questions you may have in the future.

I went fixed back for the lower seating position as well as the andra requirements i may have to adhere to in the future,

not sure if they will become uncomfortable on a long drive, i guess i will get to find out soon enough. :y:

Mate this car looked great before so i am looking forward to seeing it after it's redone. I reckon it will be awesome.....

Wouldn't mind seeing the 25 out and about, either, that thing looks friggin sweet..

Thanks heaps! The 25 turned heads like i couldnt believe, may not be seeing it around for awhile though, it has been demoted from its daily driver position and is now stored tightly in my back shed.

Not sure what i am going to do with it yet.................. :yes:

This is it atm.

PICT0843.jpg

And this is it up at kings beach at caloundra, not long before then.

IMG_019999.jpg

Hahah man thanks for the pics man!!! Looks wild az!!!!!!!!!!!!... Love it!!! Would love to see it with the hubcaps on!!!

And the brown interior doesnt look taht bad with the blue. Kinda go together!!!

Nice ride man love it :yes:

Cheers

Tally

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after a month the rain has stopped for 2 days, so i got crackin, cos its supposed to rain again on tomorrow. :jamie:

Anyway, i got to stripping the rear end to bare metal on sunday, these are some of the handy tools.

0008.jpg

paintstripper

000.jpg

0004.jpg

The black marks are from where ive been with the wire buff.

Last time i painted it we welded the seams up in the rear because they are so prone to rust.

I also got to inspect the lower rear quarters again, happy to say theyre looking good, one little hole to weld up.

0003.jpg

0001.jpg

RDO today so i got to finish the prep with the wire buff in the hard to reach areas, and pulled out the 2k etch primer,

this stuff is the best money can buy, it is marine grade, and comletely seals the surface, ready for filler.

0005.jpg

It sux working in my little carport, but the big shed is taken up by my brothers 929, hes nearly done though so the rola will get a promotion soon i hope :y:

This 2 pac uses a different hardener so it is not carcenogenic, however i still should have grabbed my mask, but forgot.

0006.jpg

0007.jpg

Ready for the next phase now! 8/

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

Yeh mostly thrash rims for burnout comps and stuff, i always just run the cheap 2nd hand import tyres on them.

I thought about polishing them, but the surface is a pretty rough machine job, so they would have to go on a lathe first to make it easier i recon, big job otherwise. 8/

What colour are you painting it? And why are you re-painting it? Did it need it, or did you just want to do it?

I'm going the new commodore "atomic" green. :jamie:

It didnt really need painting, but there were a few things about the paintwork that bugged me.

The panel gaps were never that good,

A bubble had emerged from under the paint on one rear quarter,

I bent the lower apron when loading onto a trailer,

and i really wanted to change the look again with new paint, wheels, and full chrome all over. :y:

I kind of wish i never started it, cos the Crown wagon i bought needs it alot more,

it has a fair bit of rust that needs attention, but.... its my dream toyota, and i finally found one! 8/