Ke55 Brake Upgrade

KE555k

Members dont see this ad

Hopper Stoppers are shit. I can't recall if their kits just use Corona brakes or a modified Commodore setup. Either way it's $1,200 down the toilet. For $1,200 I'd arrange for S4/S5 RX7 brakes for your car. Could probably just about do all four corners for that price!

I'm using completely rebuilt RA40 struts on my KE30 with all new bushes, Lovell springs, Monroe GT Gas Shocks, etc etc. However I heard you can also use RA60 with vented brakes. Could be worth looking into for your KE55 as it would only cost around $300 - $400 if you got them fully rebuilt. Both Celica struts have larger brakes and calipers.

Edit . . . woops this is Fusion

Edited by Fisher

Ive done the ra60 to ke30 brake upgrade, lower spring seats need to be changed or modified (i put coilovers on) as the spring diameter is too large, you can use the KE30 spring and top as it all fits if you change the lower spring seat and the lower control arms need to be made longer by about a inch and a half to 2 inches to fix the positive camber.

I paid $300 for my struts and Lower control arms, you will need to change the brake master cylinder as the pistons on the ra60 brake has a much larger piston and the pedal becomes spongy feeling, but still stops ok.