Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah pics would be good ay!!

erm approx 2 kg of resin will treat 9 square metre i think so lining will probably weigh in at around 4 kg.

i'll be running so steel accross the roof with holes in it. and molding clips into the lining to ensure it stays up there.

oops just realised i'm on ryans account.!

Edited by SLO-030

the hatch?? yeah the whole car is in primer apart from the bay.

well long story but over the last few months i've been thinking to myself....

i botched some of those rust repairs. used waaay too much bog and fibreglass. although it

more than likely woulda been fine i've still decided to start over.

i have recently become aquainted with a qualified panel beater and he's agreed to help me out with this beastie.

so...

i stripped the drivers side rear vent section, flare, and rust repairs.

here is pics.

before

31012010981.jpg

cut this out.

31012010982.jpg

the gaping hole. we're gonna kinda tub it but reverse... the inner arch will be replace with a new arch kinda box shaped to allow clearance for

wider wheels, the old job still only allowed for an 8" wheel i'm aiming for 9-10"

31012010983.jpg

bare metaled and the vent section cut again. my god this car had warped badly. since cutting and stripping tho its kinda gone back to it original shape.

31012010986.jpg

also i've started stripping the engine bay as i've decided to go a different path with the bay.

progress should come along quite well now... hopefully.

Extreme weight reduction much?

Should be awesome when I can do the micro tubs (smaller job than mini tubs)

I reckon 245-255's under the bum will look horn. I'm gonna mock up the wagon with 235's to see what it looks like :)

Adam, Yep. That's my 38. Shares the stable with Luc's 55 and a KE11 :D

Edited by SLO-030

possibly but maybe not. the rear vent i'm gonna want to get rid off again anyways.

also trying to find a rear quarter that isn't rusty will be difficult.

we do however have the wagon next to to use as a base to correctly shape the pieces.

i will persevere!! i will win!! lol.

wow now that's a hole lol and here i was thinking i'm the only 1 who likes to hack holes in cars lol

just a thought for you guy would it be worth replacing the whole quarter panel might be easier than welding that much back in

keep up the good work guy's

Yep, its a bigg'n. was able to keep the half of the inner guard and flare all in one piece. which made it easy.

Will be ordering a fresh sheet of 1mm mild steel to roll up the inner guard and the rear 1/4.

May even use the old flared guard as a template and roll new steel flares too :)

Ok i have a biiigggg weekend planned for this puppy.

basically strip bare the floor pan inside and out engine bay and boot and prime.

i purchased another 4 litre kit of high fill parabuild protec primer. 2 pack.

also purched some protec clear. called profile i've worked with it a few times and its really good and quite cheap. also 2 pack.

then i think next week end i may paint the KE30 now that i have all the gear.!

Yep, its a bigg'n. was able to keep the half of the inner guard and flare all in one piece. which made it easy.

Will be ordering a fresh sheet of 1mm mild steel to roll up the inner guard and the rear 1/4.

May even use the old flared guard as a template and roll new steel flares too :jamie:

hey i just got another sheet from lonsdale sheet metal 2400x1200x1mm cold rolled $75 cheapest i could find down south