Cat converters

demuire

I guess for you NA guys its not so much of a big deal

i had a new cat installed in my car last time it was in the zaust shop thought heck why not . 3 weeks later wondering why the car wouldnt come on boost. it was pretty much destoryed. 1/4 of it melted into a lump . the rest i found eather in the back of the zaust or had blowen out,

if they find yours is 'damaged' eg it has blowen out . worst they will do is tell you to fit a replacement. how were you to know :dance:

`josh

`josh

Members dont see this ad

you can't get leaded petrol, unless you run avgas or racing fuel.

LRP is really just unleaded with an anti valve recession agent. it seems to be getting phased out. to bad if you have an old car with soft valve seats, guess the government doesn't care if their engines flog out prematurely and pollute the environment more than they should.

If your cat has melted (like they suspect mine has) then it's because it has been running too hot. Common cause for this is overfueling, basically running rich, or misfiring. If you have enough exhaust pressure it could then shatter the melted core and blow it out, if you don't then you'll just have a ridiculous amount of restriction.

Like I said, if your cat has deteorated or failed prematurely and it looks like it just happened by itself, you might get away with it. If they suspect that you've hollowed it out, you're done for. Your call, your money, your risk. It's a common thing to hollow cats out, so don't think they don't suspect it.