Differences Between Ke35 And Ke55 Coupes?

gemi_coupe

Members dont see this ad

Most obvious thing is the KE55 has a 4K, whilst the KE35 only has a 3K. Apart from that, interior trim is a little different, with a flat-face dash rather than the curved face in the KE35, centre console around the gearshift (but not around the handbrake), and side intrusion bars in the doors. There may be others though, my experience is mostly with the sedans not the coupes

side intrusion bars in the doors

Do you know if the guards or doors are the same?

Same shape, but it is illegal to put KE3x doors on KE55, due to the lack of side intrusion bars. Obviously the doors are different shape between coupe and sedan though, regardless of 3x or 55.

I may be wrong but does the late model ke55's have a weird front apron compared to the ke35's?

i know the ke55 sedan i wrecked was different to my ke30 sedan...

Hey Scott, it seems that the KE55 does have a different front apron.

Are you sure the tail lights are different? From the pictures I've seen, they seem to be the same (see pic below).

bilde017lh2.jpg

they are the early coupe lights, they go with the round headlights. (ke35)

the square front lights have different tail lights (ke55)

You're right, after searching more thoroughly on here I came across these other lights. I still have plenty to learn!

My friend's 1979 KE55 has the round headlights and matching tail lights. :drgrim:

Edited by gemi_coupe

• 5 weeks later...

AFAIK, the ke35 came with a 3k-B engine. my genuine ke35 (in my sig) came with 3k-b, stock twin carbys from the dealer, and from what i know it has a higher comp rating. a diiferent trim level interior, bumper guards and SR badges. the only exterior mod i did was to change the tailights to te37 units, and kept the original tailights in storage.

• 6 years later...