Piston Suppliers For 4 & 5k

dobsy

Forklift blocks do have wider bore walls. Just wondering if it would be easier to just buy a 5k block than go to all the trouble to bore the 4k out that much? :)

Some of the new drivers like me for an example can't even do simple engine transplants like putting a 5k into my 1981 KE55 hardtop..

New laws say no engine mods that need a blue plate and I am pretty sure you will need a blue plate for a 5k.. though if anyone knows this for a FACT that I don't need a blue plate to put a 5k into my KE55 hardtop? Please tell me. =] Though I run some engineer though I don't think he is that qualified.. he said I would have to get it blue plated.

Members dont see this ad
You don't need a blue plate. I have a 5k in my Ke70, registered and roadworthy, no mod plate, no problem.

the reason you don't need a blue plate is ke70's came out with 5k's in japan - so you can fit them without having to blue plate them (sorry this is only for ke70's)

• 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...
On 2/7/2008 at 4:54 PM, shadow said:

Start with a 5k block in the first place. Eliminates need for trial and error, sourcing issues etc, and gives you 1.5l capacity.

I use cast hypotec pistons in my 5k and make an easy 135hp.

Do you happen to remember the spcs of your 5k? building one for my ke70 and aiming for about 100hp and be daily drivable