4k Head Swap - Help !

Banjo

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Aftermarket ECU's (or I should say programmable ECU's) have been illegal for a long time now. They can be engineered, but in order to do that they have to be programmed, sent for emissions testing and if it passes then the setting has to be "locked" so that it can't be further programmed.

• 9 months later...
no, other way round.

stick the normal head on the dished bottom end and you have around 7.5:1....perfect for forced induction.

any idea what kind of compression i'll get if i put a 3k-b head on a 4k block that is from an auto? i'd hate to have gone and spent the money on a cam and 3k-b to fit my twin carbs then find i have 11.5:1 or 7.5:1 compression.

oops sorry for the double post.. my computer hates me and is trying to get me in trouble. and it's going to get a spanking after this.

oh ok thanks. so will the 4k-c that the auto came from will have the dished pistons yes? so will the pistons in it be dished to make less compression? or dome pistons to make more?

will the 4k-c that the auto came from will have the dished pistons yes?

no, only 4k-e and 4k-u have them. they are import engines.

or dome pistons to make more?

no such think in k engines. all flat tops apart from above mentioned engines and 5ks.

the lower compression 4k-c have a larger combustion chamber for their lower compression ratio.