Why Is My Crap Box Broken

fozz

got a few questions

1. my car is pouring out more smoke than a smoke machine (got dob in to the cops by some random) whats causing this is it burning oil?

2. my car has a random tenecy to not start when it starts if u try to accelerate it will stall u keep having to start the car and accelarte until it doesnt stall checked all the sensors there in good working order

3. a shit load of oil is pissing from my gearbox (the little gap wear the gearbox connects to the motor) what need to be done to fix it Gasket?

No flamage just answers

thanks in advance

oh btw its a 4age bigport

Members dont see this ad
got a few questions

1. my car is pouring out more smoke than a smoke machine (got dob in to the cops by some random) whats causing this is it burning oil?

2. my car has a random tenecy to not start when it starts if u try to accelerate it will stall u keep having to start the car and accelarte until it doesnt stall checked all the sensors there in good working order

3. a shit load of oil is pissing from my gearbox (the little gap wear the gearbox connects to the motor) what need to be done to fix it Gasket?

No flamage just answers

thanks in advance

oh btw its a 4age bigport

1. Valve stem seals or rings.

2. Could be a few things but firstly if its blowing smoke check your plugs cause they are probably fouled up bad.

3. Rear crank seal sounds like it is stuffed.

1. Like above, depends whats burning. oil, water or both? Id recommend a compression test for starters.

2. Check the plugs first cause it's free and easy, was it running well before it started blowing smoke?

3.Weather it's the rear main or the box seal, the box will be coming out (should be able to smell the difference)

Chances are you will be rebuilding or replacing the motor so if the rear main is leaking it's gonna get fixed anyway.

Edited by HRV-00S

Rear main seal is easy to change but there might be scoring which makes things difficult.

When your driving down a hill or a slight decline does it blow blue/white smoke when you back off and keep coasting ?

If you go on the cruise tomorrow i will talk to you about it then.

Des :)

the 4age is a jdm from an ae86

the smoke is white and only happens to get worse as the revs increase if i let it idle it doesnt smoke alot not really noticable

the oil leaks only when the car is moving (i can see a oil line all the way from my house to bob jane tmart lmao)

when the car sits still its fine and the oil doesnt leak

thanks for ur replies guys

Edited by fozz

can u give me more info about this, how its done etc

I'm assuming the adm and jdm Rear main seal are the same is this right?

cheers

nathan

Same seal i think.

If there is bad scoring you might need a sleeve so the surfaces are smooth. Light scoring is ok.

If you want a rebuild add my too msn rotarydudeATaaptDOTnetDOTau

white smoke = bhg usually...

oil when moving, well...the rear main should be under pressure, unless your leaking compression into the block, or its full of water :)

check the colour of your oil for us.

it also explains the startin issues, them sparkplugs don't spark too well when theyre wet :dance: