Led Dash Lights

Jono.B

You wont be able to paint KE30 guages...They are flat, unlike KE55 guages, which have raised numbers/letters. To make white face KE30 guages, yes you will need to pull everything off, and scan and then print on whatever colour paper you want.

The needles will just pull off, they are VERY delicate though...and if you squeeze too hard they will bend.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wont be able to paint KE30 guages...They are flat, unlike KE55 guages, which have raised numbers/letters. To make white face KE30 guages, yes you will need to pull everything off, and scan and then print on whatever colour paper you want.

The needles will just pull off, they are VERY delicate though...and if you squeeze too hard they will bend.

ok so should i use sumthing to lever them off, and ok printing and my mum can make stickers at hr work woohoo.

I would just use fingertips...very slowly and gently to pull them off, once they have been off and on once they are easy. When putting the speedo needle back on, I have found the best way to put it at like 60km\h and then push it down to zero, as you will have trouble putting it back on dead on zero.

I'd print it on photo paper, or yeah get your mum to make stickers up. The best thing about doing it this way, is that you can put images on the guages if you want, and other things of that nature.

Let us know if you get stuck

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what the model number is for the dash bulbes in a KE70. I'm looking at replacing the current standard bulbes with LED's but don't wanna pull the dash off twice to find out what they are then to replace them.

Thanks

Jonny's 2c's

I'm stupid and don't keep receipts so I can't find the exact ones I used. I could go through my hotmail inbox bit it currently has over 1500 messages that I haven't deleted. I found an empty packet in a box that I got from Bright lights and its a T10 but I don't think all mine in my speedo are the same as I bought half of them on ebay.

Now I replaced all of my original wedge tail bulbs except one with the LED's. Since I wanted the white look I removed the green plastic domes behind the gauges, so that the white light would shine through. In my opinion do not replace the CHARGE light as LED's use a lot less power and for some reason they don't adjust the strength of the light. Its either on, or off and as the CHARGE light is usually really faint, the LED would make the light really bright all the time. The same with the dash lights, you can't change the strength of them, they're either on or off. Another light I recommend not changing is the one behind the HIGH BEAM slot. Mainly because when driving at night and using the HIGH BEAMs the blue light in front of you is blinding that its best not to use it.

If you do plan on converting other bulbs like STOP/TAIL lights and FLASHER lights, you would need a LED FLASHER unit to replace the standard one. the positive side to this all is that all these LED's use far less power.

Here is the radio light after I removed the green shield... Not the best photo but you get the point.

post-1158-1205588394_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been looking at doing this for a while. Half of the bulbs in my 86 seca were out or very faint. Replaced them all with blue LED's. Very happy with the result. They all plug into the standard bulb placements and are adjustable for brightness through the factory control. Found these ones on Ebay from a guy here in Brisbane that inhabits the Skyline Australia forums. $20 and half an hours work.

IMG_0482.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

just a pointer guys...to obtain better/even light distribution, its better to paint your meter's inner housing with silver paint. No need to remove the meter face. Use a fine tip brush and paint the silver around the edge of the housing adjacent to the meter face. Good as new.

Anyway on the subject of meter cluster. Anyone knows how to "re-new" the transparent plastic cover over these meter? Some have the 'cracked ice' effect, some have this yellowish dull tint. No point having LED but the meters are marred with unsightly plastic covers.