10 Pin Bowling

demuire

Does anyone here go 10-pin bowling?

Haikal and I have recently started going bowling again (well, okay we've been like twice), and were thinking of joining a league next year just for fun. We aren't very good at all (average about 80-100) but it's fun anyway.

The league we're thinking of joining is the Coke league (Kedron AMF), runs for 30 weeks from Jan 30th, $15 per week for 3 games (and you get practice discounts for games outside the league) and if you finish the league you get a limited edition bowling ball at the end of it. Sounds like fun :insane:

Hmm :D

Members dont see this ad

I'm in 2 leagues 1 on friday night at greenslopes ans 1 on tuesday nights at greenslopes friday is better it starts at 6 and is about 1.5 hrs it is 4 games, prize money at end of year and cheaper out of leagues games it is $20

i have been in this league since i was 4 thats 12 years so it is preety good.

and i can organise a rollaclub bowling day/night if you want nick?

Trent: So I'd assume you're quite good then? Would you have any tips on how to get more revs? No matter what I try I can't seem to get many revs on the ball so they all kinda go straight'ish... I guess the house balls aren't the best to bowl hook balls with, but I've seen some people do it and I'm curious :insane:

yeah fook tou need a ball with side weight

then you get it drilled for finger tip then as you bowl the ball you flick your 2 middle fingers up and follow through at the same time and it should go down the lanr and then snap into the pins.

i would say i am ok yeah i have a 160 average and my dad has a 190 average

my dad has bowled 2x 300 games.

Didn't realise there were different sort of weights in balls, did realise there were different grips and different materials.

So does that mean I'm pretty much stuffed as far as bowling a hook ball if I use the house balls?

If I join this league thing, we're meant to get a free ball at the end of it (drilled to whatever grip we want I would assume). Everyone I've spoken to recommends going for the "conventional" grip for now, as my average is still very crap, and probably wouldn't be that flash at the end of 30 weeks... They recon that I should be bowling at least a solid 140+ before even thinking of changing to a fingertip grip? Some people even recon waiting till I get to 170-180...

i had a 130 average before i changed. that ball is a Garfield ball if I'm not mistaken. that ball will have no side weight (plastic)(spare ball as we call it). what you need is a resin or Polly urethane(sp). they will cost anything from $ 200 - $ 800. i would suggest a ball around the 250 - 400 dollar mark if you wish to go fingertip. but for conventional grip a plastic ball, like the one you are getting is fine.

Well, we went bowling today, and boy did we suck. I tried to use the 12lb ball, but I've got virtually zero control over it whatsoever, couldn't keep my balance at all, so everything suffered. Couldn't get anything to work, so decided to go back to the 10lb, and couldn't bowl with that either!!! Bad approach, bad swing, bad followthrough, it was all amazingly bad!