February 1, 200818 yr comment_224834 Hi there i just joined and this is my first post. I'm on here because i just inherited a KE20 sl from my grandmother. I'm so excited becasue i 've only ever seen about 10 or so in adelaide. Well mine is in decent nick mechanically, but the interior and the body need some work. i have been dreaming of getting this car ever since i was little and i was just so lucky I'm the only grandchild with a licence :jamie: . my plan is to do it up untill it looks and go's exactly like it just came out of the factory. my lovely boyfriend is helping me slowly do it up, he bought me new door seals. Just on that topic i was wondering if all KE20's make a clanging sound when you close the door? i just thought i was becasue of the ruined seals but they've been replaced and it still does it. I am also a bit confused while reading a post about the different models, someone said a KE20 was a sedan but I'm pretty sure mine is classed as a coupe, maybe not i don't know. I'll take some pics and post them tomorrow if i can and i'll go look at the drivers hand book and see if i can sus it out. by the way if you hadn't sused it out my names ashie. oxoxox Report
February 1, 200818 yr comment_224839 Welcome to rollaclub. Look forward to seeing you progress with the car, like all of us, I'm sure you'll learn alot, and enjoy it too. Cheers Report
February 1, 200818 yr comment_224861 coupes are the ke25, ke20 came out in 2 door sedans, 4 door sedans, ke26 were the 4 door wagons and panel vans. Report
February 15, 200917 yr comment_318625 .. Just a little while coming :P The car looks great, you'll have to take some more pics in a few weeks when you can! Maybe we could go on a rolla photoshoot when I get my 55. Also, this car sounds like a beast... :P Edited February 15, 200917 yr by archangel62 Report
February 15, 200917 yr Author comment_318627 I'm doing this up on my own, now. in fact I'm overseas and my sister is driving it atm, missing it so much, she's a good little car will get her ready for bay to birdwood when i get back home. Edited February 15, 200917 yr by ashie Report
February 15, 200917 yr Author comment_318629 hey yeah. definatly need more pics, rolla shoot sounds great. i do have more pics but you can see too much of her faults (dents and rust) so i shall keep them to myself it so sounds like a beast, LOVE IT! except when coming home late.. have to park up the hill or roll down with engine off Report
February 15, 200917 yr comment_318650 A very nice example of an original ke20, I also love the 70's orange colour :P This model is a ke20 2 door sedan assembled by AMI Australia. :P I own 2 ke20's and I just love the look of them. Do you have any pics of the interior and engine bay. :P Cheers, Mark. :bash: Report
February 15, 200917 yr comment_318653 I know this 20! Seen it down at the lonsdale hotel a few months back. It was for sale then too wasn't it?? Nice score!! Gotta love grandmas :P Report
February 15, 200917 yr comment_318679 Good score Ashie! Gotta love your grandma for that :P Reminds me of my old orange one, but slightly better condition. definitely enter Bay To Birdwood, my KE20 will be there as will about 8 other Corollas. What plans do you have for her? Cheers, Ben. Report
February 16, 200917 yr Author comment_318966 A very nice example of an original ke20, I also love the 70's orange colour :hmm: This model is a ke20 2 door sedan assembled by AMI Australia. :P I own 2 ke20's and I just love the look of them. Do you have any pics of the interior and engine bay. :wink: Cheers, Mark. :( thanks. the 70's orange is fair cool and easy to pick in a car park if its not hiding behind another car! i do have interior and engine bay pics but they arnt to great. I'm going to take more in a few weeks when I'm back in aust and have time to clean her up a bit Report
February 16, 200917 yr Author comment_318968 I know this 20!Seen it down at the lonsdale hotel a few months back. It was for sale then too wasn't it?? Nice score!! Gotta love grandmas :wink: sorry jason not me, I'm not often down lonsdale unless I'm going to upullit. and its never been for sale, i think theres 2 orange ke20's in adelaide as my dad did a double take the other week coz he saw one thought it was me. of course it wasnt as I'm in europe atm Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now