Silverra23's Ke10

silverra23

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( why!?

Not sure really.. I honestly didn't want the expense of acquiring a 5k so asked the question, he told me he didn't think it would be real good, and I left it at that.

If i was to guess it might have to do with 5k's being torque-y lower revving units than the earlier models.. and therefore not being all that happy having the ring revved out of them at freeway speeds which is what happens with the two speed auto... might also just be that the extra torque is starting to be too much for the stock toyoglide? i can't imagine its a real strong gearbox... but its all assumption on my part.

Fraggles (twentyeight's partner) has a 5k behind her toyoglide.

but then, legally the 4k is the only 'free' upgrade

Cool. Based on that I will stick with the 4k.. i want to sell it and want it all legit with rego so this is the best option.

Plus the extra 10 nm of torque on top of the 60 it already had will make it a rocketship lol.

5k Behind the toyoglide? Interesting, most people put them in front haha.

I was going to bolt my 5k to a toyoglide, but then the 5 speed came up cheap. It'd take the power no worries, take it much better than the 5 speed would.

If i was to guess it might have to do with 5k's being torque-y lower revving units than the earlier models.. and therefore not being all that happy having the ring revved out of them at freeway speeds which is what happens with the two speed auto... might also just be that the extra torque is starting to be too much for the stock toyoglide? i can't imagine its a real strong gearbox... but its all assumption on my part.

I was guessing it would be either that or the torque converter. (Assuming that a torque converter

should engage the gears lower in a 5k, because of the differing revs)

Why are you selling it, such a great car !

Why are you selling it, such a great car !

I am about to get a company car... and as much as I love this one... i have a celica project in the garage... and also a ke35 club car... i can't really justify having so many cars nor pay attention to them all in the way they deserve!

I am in no hurry to sell this one though.. so it might be around for a while yet :(

Posted this in KE thread on toymods so apologies for anyone who gets it twice or three times lol

I have been spending the weekend extracting my seized K engine and slipping a 4k into my KE10.

After much swearing.. its in and hooked up... started thank kerist... needs some fiddling to keep it running... and need to go find a t-piece to fit in the heater hose bullshit farken mess to replace the one that is rusted out and then coolant can stay in the hoses ...

fingers crossed we are back on the road tomorrow!

if anyone wants a seized original K-series engine let me know

here are some pics from today

img6585hm2.jpg

img6584tk8.jpg

img6583uy9.jpg

img6586vj0.jpg

img6589zf0.jpg

img6587jy4.jpg

4k is in and I am staggered at how much of a difference it has made to the car. Really driveable now and easily keeps up with the traffic. Amazing what compression and an increase in torque can do for a car!

Haven't been on the freeway yet but I suspect that it will be a much better thing there too.

Am now a bit torn as to what to do with it. It was for sale but I am thinking I might hang on to her. My company car is still 6 weeks away any way, so I guess I will see what transpires. Perhaps it can sit in the drive way for sunny Sunday drives - until I finish my other project - an ra23 celica. Its been a project for three years so the rolla might have a few years of sunday drives left in her yet!