Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is It Legal To Remove My Rear Seats?

Featured Replies

Hey guys. I am keen to take the rear seats out of my wagon. I have toyota Tercel seats in the front at the moment, (by the way they are a cheap easy to install replacement seat with a metal bottom |blink| ) I cannot fold my wagon rear seats down because of the front seats. I'm just wondering if it is legal to pull them out or weather i have to register it as 2 passengers or something. Cheers

in vic, if you remove the rear seats, you need to get it registered as a two seater.

 

i'm sure you could just pull them out and say you use the car for haulage often, and removal was a better option. that might at least get you thru the first encounter with the police.

You mean 12 points on your licence?? This would have no effect on your licence, it would get your car a sticker if the cop was nasty.

1 point per defect |blink|

Aaaah bureaucracy...

 

Yeah technically you are changing the seating capacity as stated on your compliance plate, so will need a blue mod plate in QLD.

 

 

I am 90% sure you will need to get it blue plated.

 

On the Compliance Plate that is on your vehicle it will state how many seats this vehicle is suppose to have. If you alter how many seats you have, you need to get it blue plated.

 

Or I suppose.. don't get caught. Hehe.

As the saying goes.... its only illegal if you get caught |blink|

Although I'm fully aware of the illegality, and have no problem waving my index finger accusedly at those who bend the rules, I DID remove the rear seats in my old 70 and proceed to circumnavigate the continent in it, got pulled over a zillion times and not a word from Mr. Plod.

were u driving like a hectic drifter or were the seats removed because it was loaded to the gunnels?

were u driving like a hectic drifter or were the seats removed because it was loaded to the gunnels?

 

 

Lol. You guys really take the piss out of Drifting lol.

we're not supposed to? |blink|

No room for mattress with rear seats.... I actually made a hinged false floor. Very useful for storing water, tools, a pickaxe and some german backpackers

 

And yeah, I was fulleh drifting... one biiiiiiiiiig left hand sweeper the whole way around

Edited by 7shades

No room for mattress with rear seats.... I actually made a hinged false floor. Very useful for storing water, tools, a pickaxe and some german backpackers

 

And yeah, I was fulleh drifting... one biiiiiiiiiig left hand sweeper the whole way around

 

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK MATE ! |blink|

 

(you guys crack me up) ;)

In fact, I was actually the first white man in history to drift a metallic babyshit brown KE70 wagon across the QLD/NT border, AND hold it, right through the NT, to the WA border.

The local aboriginal tribes now regard me as a spirit god... 'Brown Hornet' they called me, and there are now several hundred cave paintings and rock carvings depicting my exploits across the top end of Australia.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.