Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mitch's Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Author
looks quite good. nothing in your face but good. Nice work
Yeah! :( That's what I love about them! Not fancy... quite modest.

 

Got any pics to see how much they fill the guards, Like from the front of the car pointing down the side ?

Not yet but I'll go get some now.

 

As I was leaving Bob Jane I heard something rubbing on the wheel and it was the front mudguard so we took both of the front ones off... I honestly did not notice them when they were on so I'm leaving them off for now haha.

 

Edit: Here is the photo you asked for, AE70:

post-5027-1204699029.jpg

Is that what you meant?

Edited by Mybowlcut

  • Replies 109
  • Views 45.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, Thats it. Looks good.

 

Any plans to get it lower to the ground ?

  • Author
Sweet as.
Cheers. :(

 

Yup, Thats it. Looks good.

 

Any plans to get it lower to the ground ?

Funny that you ask actually... I thought something was a bit different since I got them put on but it was only when my sister's boyfriend came round and pointed out the height that I actually noticed. I would like to get it lowered but not by much... I want to keep this looking respectable. Sister's bf also noticed that I've got coilovers on the front wheels... and he said that I could buy some "tien"? adjustable ones so that I could lower the front. Do you reckon I should lower the whole thing or...?

Tein don't make adjustable coil overs for a KE70. Adjustable coil overs are useless unless you know how to set them up and adjust them properly which 90% of the people who have them don't know how. If you want just go low king springs or lovells if you want to keep it respectable and relatively cheap.

 

What do you want from the car ?

Edited by AE70

  • Author

So lower it on all four wheels do you reckon? I just want to have a nice corolla but fairly stock. I don't want to spend too much though.

Coilover suspension for your KE70 will run into the thousands easy. Lower it all round, Not just one end.

 

King springs or lovells in their "low" form will be fine. A little bit stiffer than stock but not back breaking either, Not to low but you MIGHT need to roll your guards as it might touch the tires on hard corners.

 

Replacing the bushes with superpro or nolathane bushes (buyer preference) is recommended too as it will change the feel and handling for the better.

  • Author
Coilover suspension for your KE70 will run into the thousands easy. Lower it all round, Not just one end.

 

King springs or lovells in their "low" form will be fine. A little bit stiffer than stock but not back breaking either, Not to low but you MIGHT need to roll your guards as it might touch the tires on hard corners.

 

Replacing the bushes with superpro or nolathane bushes (buyer preference) is recommended too as it will change the feel and handling for the better.

Thousands... that will have to wait then.. haha. If I already have coilovers, is it cheaper to install new ones? Or does it not matter? How are king springs or lovells different from coilovers? Haha a lot of questions I know..

 

Is it the stiffer it is the less the car moves over bumps? What do rolled guards look like? Sister's bf mentioned it but I don't really understand it. Will replacing the bushes now improve handling or should I do it if/when I get the new suspension?

 

Cheers.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Some more photos since I was admiring her during a quick wash... :D

 

post-5027-1206599171_thumb.jpg

post-5027-1206599198_thumb.jpg

post-5027-1206599222_thumb.jpg

May i ask how much you payed for you superlights?

are they replicas? and size?

 

Cheers, Will

  • Author
Only if he wants his car to sit lopsided.
What are you guys on about haha? I don't know much about suspension... :hmm:

 

 

May i ask how much you payed for you superlights?

are they replicas? and size?

 

Cheers, Will

Nah, they're the real thing. They're 15x6's, $225 each.
  • 3 months later...
  • Author

I've got a panelvan with a 5k now. ;) Sounds soooo good... it's got extractors and a slightly bigger exhaust. Can't wait to chuck it in... I bought some Autosol metal polish like suggested on my thread about cleaning my engine, ordered a rear main seal and a timing cover seal as suggested by Chrisandliz and a tarp.. just because I will be selling the shell and I don't want a corolla to get wrecked!

 

Driving it back from Todd's house was a LOT better than I thought it'd be. I was worried that it wouldn't make it but it's mechanically sound... just noisy inside the car cause there's a lot of shit in the back. ;) Chris (Chrisandliz) is helping me with the conversion. I will chuck in the radiator from the panelvan into my ke70 soon since it's newer than mine.

 

Woohoo!

Edited by Mybowlcut

Really nice KE70 you got, what is the color code of that yellow??

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.