Wrc Drive For Chris Atkinson

Queenslander Chris Atkinson will be a World Rally Championship Subaru driver in 2005 - as second driver to ex-world rally champion Petter Solberg!

Chris has been extremely impressive in his short career, doing extremely well in this years Australian Rally championship and professionally driving for Suzuki. And I think he's only 23 or something?!

No other Australian has been a works world championship rally driver before (I think). Chris started out at Queensland rally championship level too.

This will be officially announced on Channel 10 news tonight (Fri 17th Dec 04). Watch his web site too.

Fantastic news!

*edit*

Update the day after the announcement - see Rally.com article

Edited by datgirl

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...

I think it might have gone something like:

Corolla

Lancer Evo 5 [edit not 8]

WRC spec Subaru WRX

Works WRC Subaru WRX

Keep an eye out on for Chris and Glenn at the Monte Carlo rally!!!

GO AUSSIES!!

Edited by datgirl

Not quite as classy as an EVO8, it was Gorgeous George's old EVO5 they got into after the Corolla.

Unfortunately, I don't think they're making their debut until Sweden, as another driver is doing Monte Carlo, but after that, it's all rounds....

19/01/2005

ATKINSON CHECKS INTO MONTE CARLO

Australian Chris Atkinson will be a part of the Subaru World Rally Team contingent at the opening round of the World Rally Championship (WRC) in Monte Carlo this weekend.

While he may not be competing in the first round of the Championship Atkinson and his co-driver Glenn Macneall completed the reconnaissance of the Monte Carlo course as a part of the preparation for their Championship debut with the team in Sweden next month.

“Our main focus this week is to get settled into the team during an event and get more acquainted with everyone,” said Atkinson.

“Completing the recce’ gives me a good idea of some of the conditions that I will expect throughout the coming months on a variety of surfaces because this event is a bit of lottery having both ice and tarmac in different sections.”

It is planned that Atkinson will get his first test aboard the Subaru Impreza WRC later this month.

www.chrisatkinson.com.au

Edited by datgirl