Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Superlites

Featured Replies

Hey guys. Pretty excited... went down to Bob Janes to see what wheels they had as I've been wanting to get wider ones.. I looked through the rims they have and they're all not really suited to corollas... also, when the guy saw my car he realised that all the wheels we'd discussed wouldn't fit because it's a RWD KE70. As it turns out, a guy had ordered superlites and never picked them up... and they fit perfectly on my rolla. They look so friggon awesome too... not fancy, just simple and look SO good. I can't remember the exact specs of them but they're 15". I've already put a deposit on them (superlites and some nice chunky new tyres) for $600... and the total cost is $1600 for them and to get them put on. Is this a good price? They're brand new rims straight out of the box and the tyres are new as well... Will post the pictures of them on as soon as I get them. :wink:

 

Edit: The guy also chucked in free lug nuts? I think that's what they're called...

 

Cheers.

Edited by Mybowlcut

$1600 is a bit much, You can buy the rims for under $1000 new and tires are about $100 each for half decent ones.

yyeaa bit expensive when you can get ones in awsome offset from ajps

  • Author

Well I rang him up just then and he said (at a guess because he was with customers) $240-$250 for each rim... so that sounds right according to what you said, AE70. So... what like $200 cheaper I could have got them? Kinda wish I didn't rush into it now... but they just look so nice! Haha.

Edited by Mybowlcut

Well I rang him up just then and he said (at a guess because he was with customers) $240-$250 for each rim... so that sounds right according to what you said, AE70. So... what like $200 cheaper I could have got them?

Tell him $250 a rim is the max you want to pay without tires or $1400 fitted with a half decent tires.

I've already put a deposit on them (superlites and some nice chunky new tyres) for $600...

 

and the total cost is $1600 for them and to get them put on.

Cheers.

 

 

i don't understand. do you mean the wheels were $600 and you paid $1000 for tyres? or $600 for tyres and $1000 for the rims?

  • Author
Tell him $250 a rim is the max you want to pay without tires or $1400 fitted with a half decent tires.
I dunno man I'd feel weird telling someone that haha I'm too pussy. The tyres are great though; they're brand new.

 

 

i don't understand. do you mean the wheels were $600 and you paid $1000 for tyres? or $600 for tyres and $1000 for the rims?
$1000 for the rims yep. I'm assuming the tyres are around $140 each? Because there's also the labour cost in there somewhere (included in $1600) I wouldn't think that would be more than $40 though... So an estimate would be $1000 for four superlite rims, $140 each for the 15x205 tyres and around $40 labour?
I dunno man I'd feel weird telling someone that haha I'm too pussy. The tyres are great though; they're brand new.

 

 

$1000 for the rims yep. I'm assuming the tyres are around $140 each? Because there's also the labour cost in there somewhere (included in $1600) I wouldn't think that would be more than $40 though... So an estimate would be $1000 for four superlite rims, $140 each for the 15x205 tyres and around $40 labour?

Get more details for us.

What would you like to know?

rims size, width offset.

 

tire size, profile and width.

Hey mate,

 

I got some superlites for my KE35 cost me $1400 thru Bob Jane, fitted with tyres. So that price is kinda resonable.

 

Cheers Reg

  • Author
Hey mate,

 

I got some superlites for my KE35 cost me $1400 thru Bob Jane, fitted with tyres. So that price is kinda resonable.

 

Cheers Reg

What size were they out of interest? Thanks for the reassurance mate. I love these wheels but I'm not a millionaire... :wink:

 

I'll get those for you now AE70.

tyres must be pretty decent for around $140

  • Author

Ok... here are the superlites on the rolla... more of just the wheel than the car itself, but it's dark so I'll get shots tomorrow or something... basically they look so gooooooooooooooooooood. Here is the link to my projects thread so you can see what they look like.

 

It ended up costing $1450 cause he dropped the price because we thought that the card I was using only had 850 and I had already paid 600 deposit. So yeah... here are the specs as more or less written on the invoice:

 

PERF SUPERLITE 15X6, $225 (each) ($900)

MAXXIS 205/50R14 86V MAV1, $119 (each) ($476)

PROBASE 'BRONZE' WHEEL BALANCE $10 (each) ($40)

LOCKNUTS (NOT lugnuts haha) ($34)

 

What do you guys think? I find it strange that he dropped it by so much... but they have had those rims sitting there for ages apparently cause the guy who ordered them never picked them up so he kinda wanted to get rid of them...

 

Cheers for your help. :n: I'm very happy with my buy. :( :)

$119 for maxxis seems a bit steep. i got quoted $200 ea for the superlites and $115 ea for pirelli dragons from bob jane.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.