Teddys Webber : Not Healthy

Teddy

Quote Mr Dixon months ago

"don't tell your mother this, but its ment to go harder than it is"

Me : yeah?

"its that dirty webber"

Its now today, and its just been geting worse. It now bogs down under 2200 constantly, even when warm, it wont take any more than half throtal under about 3,000 or it just goes into kangeroo mode - as in BIG kangerooooo jerkies, and the worst thing... i notused today... IT NOW SOUNDS DIFFERENT ! :lol: !!!

..not to mention when its cold it idols too low... so i change it up. It gets warm, it idols under 2,000 somewhere. So i change it down again to idol at about 1,000, then the next day when its cold it hardly idols... etc, so on, so forth.

Blah !

I'm thinking of just saving up for some side draft twin su's, then geting some a heat sheild to go between the extractors and inlet manifold, along with some extactors heat wrap... the tempture down there can't be helping the situation. Not to metion a crappy, dirty air cleaner element...

$0.02

Members dont see this ad

hmmm...i start my aprenship start of febuary, and i earn just under 40% of base mechanics wage at toyota ~ about $240 a week. Cutt of bord, and small spending money - not that i actually go out often... - $200 a week.

If i get a 4age, i need to upgrade suspenion ~ $1000, Breaks ~ $500, Drivetrain & gearbox $500, then the motor $$1000, + electricial + problems + engeinering stuff... best bit of $4000 when its done. :lol:

So, my $200 a week x 20 weeks = $4000.

20 Weeks = 5 months.

(so much for investment fund ;))

Atm on ebay there are some Twin SU's - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...ssPageName=WDVW

I like my car, but i bitterly hate the small problems.

How illegal are side drafts? can you make them legal?

hmmm... you know thats actually not too bad an idea. Would i have to change to a 4ku head or what ever it is? - or would it be in theory as simple as getting the 4ke setup, putting it onto my car and putting the wiring upto it ? (ive got nfi how to do that tho.. lol!)

What would any of us here @ rollaclub do without you nick !

:lol:

hmmm, ill have to look into it.

Id just be intrested to know if the 4KE setup would bolt onto my insanely ported 3k bigport head ;) - wouldnt i have to upgrade the fuel lines, and fuel pump as well?

I have no idea how the EFI wiring harnus would link upto the stock wiring harnus...but id be very intrested to learn how it all works.

Atm, my motor is running about 10.5:1

so much to learn, not enough hours in a day to do eveything.

hmmm... if i started living 8 day weeks & 25 hour days, i wonder if that would make much difference? :lol: jk :)

ok done some checking... the pistons and head etc are the same. its the valve cover thats different. has a different oil filler. so you should be able to throw all the efi stuff on your car with no problems and keep your pistons and head etc.

just so happens i have one available for sale :lol:

make an offer ;)

First up, i took it to a guy @ redclif this this smorning - "paul" was his name. Great bloke. Tunrns out that

a) webber air filter was not helping, and its now never looking at my motor again

b)webber was competly wrongly setup - only thing that was were it was supost to be was the fuel line :|

c)Yup, its a reno webber. And nope, geting parts for them isnt the easyest solution.

d)got the choke working as well :lol:

e)it drives lovely now :)

f) on th 10th, we thought bugger it, just get it all done in 1 hit, so its going in for a majormajor service..

-All new fluids for everything (Diff,Tranny,Motor,Coolant,Break fluid..etc)

-Drums to be completly overhauled...

-Drums machined

-New pistons for both sides

-New break pads

-New spring clip thingies

-Oil leaks will be fixed, ill get some new spark plug shrouds

-Dizzy will be looked over

-Complete tune up - this guy has more machines than toyota mellow.gif

-Webber to be looked at again, and vacume breakther line has to be adapoted into custom inlet manifold plate under webber

-New air cleaner and surrounding

-A lota custom clips that need to be used to make the thing run properly

End Statement : Car drives much better now, doesnt bog down at all when warm. Yet to find out when its cold. The back breaks are constanly on, and they will get fixed on the 10th. The Differential is still clunking, i hope it lasts ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, with all of that said - I'm still intrested in the EFI setup. Why you say? because i want it :) lol

So Warwick, you have the EFI manifold, and all wiring, computer..etc which i can just puto my car with its current head, plug it in and it will all work ? - (as to nicks pic, i would not need the head)

Check your email btw lol

Cheers people,

Matt

Edited by Teddy

i have to go check that its all there. will talk to my cuz and get him to hold it. he wants rid of it, i havnt got the spare $$ to buy it at the mo but I'm sure we can work something out, as i said in my email ill label and photo stuff before i pull it apart. maybe that will help nick get his together :lol:

if i were you id start looking for wiring diagrms etc, the more info u can find now the easier it will be later ;)

do all you people have short memories?

its all been done before with at EFI setup but i cannot show the pics as i only deleted them a few days ago..no changing head, change tappet cover and bolt on the manifold...if you have extactors youll have to break out the middle bolt webbing on the inlet manifold to fit, if you are using the original exhast manifold (has the oxygen sensor, the standard computer WILL need it) the flange will most likley be diffrent my original was a 3 bolt and the efi exhast will be 2 bolt exhast flange.

Using the original ECU, youll need the AFM, Microtech computers range around the $300-$600 that will be enough to run it.

Problems i found are the injectors are not big enough if you have any work done to the motor and because of the way the manifoldhas long runners it wont rev but will have mega torque....

my ke70 had no trouble keeping both rear wheels smoking in second gear. without the injection had trouble even spinning the wheels in first.

The injection will not make huge amount more HP, It also will NOT produce more HP over twin carbs etc as it wont flow the air, again because of the design.

a custom plenum bolted on the injector part of the manifold (getting rid of the long runners) with a big throttle body would work well and would be better than twin carbs and i think could be built for less than the twin carbs too.

and some where i have the pin outs for the 4K ecu if you need them

I like this efi thing - sure the sound of a webber will be hard to miss.. but i like the idea of pluging my 1983 corolla upto my computer, and learning how to tune stuff / or what ever

to think this all came in in the late 80's, and I'm just starting now - damnit i need to be rebord many years ago :lol: