4age And 4agze Internals

kennc_87

Members dont see this ad
hey people

got a quick question

is there any difference between the 4age (100kw) and 4agze compression ratios (minus the boost from the charger)...or are they identical?? i.e would a 4age (100kw) with a supercharger b exactly the same as a 4agze??

GZEs run around 9:1. Smallports run around 10.5:1. Give or take some variance for headgasket thickness, shaves etc. If it were me Id leave the sc off the smallport, and find a gze bottom end.

sorry to invade you thread

but i've herd from a million differnt people that toyota 4agze pistons ar semi forged, forged, ciramic coated,

whats the truth

They aren't forged, just a very high quality cast piston. How do you semi forge? You either do or you do not. Common misconception/assumption though. Unsure of coatings. I know 20v pistons are somewhat coated but unsure of gzes in this regard.

I think by semi-forged they mean that the pistons are forged, then ceramic topped & coated. Therefore the whole piston is not forged, just part (most) of it.

Apparently Toyota put forged/semi-forged pistons in all 4A-GZE's, plus late versions of the 3S-GTE and 2JZ-GTE. Can't verify it myself, but that's what I've read.

sorry to invade you thread

but i've herd from a million differnt people that toyota 4agze pistons ar semi forged, forged, ciramic coated,

whats the truth

They aren't forged, just a very high quality cast piston. How do you semi forge? You either do or you do not. Common misconception/assumption though. Unsure of coatings. I know 20v pistons are somewhat coated but unsure of gzes in this regard.

I think by semi-forged they mean that the pistons are forged, then ceramic topped & coated. Therefore the whole piston is not forged, just part (most) of it.

Apparently Toyota put forged/semi-forged pistons in all 4A-GZE's, plus late versions of the 3S-GTE and 2JZ-GTE. Can't verify it myself, but that's what I've read.

The myth that toyota did a semi forged piston is none other than a myth, All 4agze pistons are made of the same composite and are all indeed forged and the 4agze pistons have ceramic coated tops.