Mt Glorious Drive

ae71neo

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was fun :) And mission accomplished, found out my front swaybar is definately set too stiff, will have to slacken it off a bit. Now if I could figure out which way is "soft" :thumbsup:

Going up was rather boring, we got stuck right from point 0 behind a very very good driver, he was following the speed limit and every single advisory sign to the dot. Only, I'm almost certain his speedo was reading 20 under... So we were doing like 50-60 most of the straights, 40 through Nebo village, at times down to 10 on some corners... YAY! He stopped off at the top of Glorious though.

Yes there were a fair number of cyclist up Nebo, but that didn't worry us since we weren't travelling much faster than them anyway. A fair number of bikies through Glorious, some of them like to cut the corners (across lanes) even when they're blind, got my heart racing a few times, coming around a corner and find a bike coming towards me at rather high speed in my lane... And then there were the two people walking on the side of the road, around a blind corner...

But yes, I must say, coming down Glorious is an amazing piece of road, I love it! I think next time I'm just going to skip Nebo even, and just go up Samford and down Glorious, and back again! Some of those 20-marked corners coming down Glorious are FUN FUN FUN, my tyres are so stuffed :P

Nick: I wouldn't go all out at any time of the day on that (or most other public) road anyway...

I don't know why you'd say that Mt Nebo would be more "technical", from what I can tell (from driving it like twice, so I'm no expert) it's just a quicker piece of road, with more of a fast-fast-fast-fast-oh-shit-slow-corner combination. With power, Glorious is pretty darned fun, because virtually every corner can be taken with balls, even coming back up the mountain those 20-marked corners are a challenge, esp the one that is a right-20-left-20 about halfway up, haha, can someone spell out p-e-n-d-u-l-u-m? :P Glorious is also a hell load harder on the brakes I recon, with 4-3-2-3-4-3-2 gearchanges all the way down and up the mountain :thumbsup:

I dunno, Glorious just seems to flow very well, has some very awesome corners with some very good camber, with only the leaves on the top bit a bit worrying.

Edited by demuire

It only takes 1 thing to go wrong when you go past your limits, I found mine out one night when I was chasing a certain 300zx, well I was alright when I was following his line, but when he got sick of seeing me in his rear view mirror, he just took off, next thing I know my rear end is wallowing from side to side, came close to taking out the armco after I hit some gravel, luckily my first natural instinct was to put my foot in on the clutch and ease on the brakes, it was damn close.. Nothing wrong with going for a blast to let out some frustrations, just I forgot to remember my car wasn't a 300zx, he he he