Trouble With Ke55 Manual Conversion

Richard

Hi, I'm doing a manual conversion on my auto ke55 i have changed the pedal box and etc just up to the part where i put the manual gear box in the auto anyway i noticed that where the fly wheel goes on the auto engine it doesnt have a female spline thing for the manual shaft to go in it had a plug in it i noticed 6 bolts around the top. question? do i have to change this and pull the other one of the other engine??? or is it part of the crank.

your help would be great thanks Richard.

Members dont see this ad

hey sorry i miss understood the whole thing my bad its the first time I'm doing a auto manual conversion what i meant was the spigot bearing but its all good now ive changed it and now the 4 speed is in now the cross member doesnt fit and i think i have to cut out some of the tunnel.

The auto box was the holden trimatic, yes? The gearbox mounts on the car/chassis are in a different spot to the manual version, which you've most likely found out.

Your options would be either -

<1> Make another gearbox mount which bolts to the mounts on the chassis. It'd be looking a little like a big ol' "[" type of shape (legal side of it plus strength as well, from a one bolt each side of the box hold it to the chassis point of view??).

<2> do a "cut and shut" on said chassis mounts to get them into the right spot. (legal side of it plus strength as well?? Would be easier to flip the car over for the welding maybe?).

<3> Sell the car for a manual version.

I'm at this fork in the road as well

i done this to my ke55 ages ago before the v6 went in. if you put the auto cross member on and then place the manual cross member directly behind it youll notice that the bolts go in and it sits exactly against the auto one. therefore all you have to do is weld the auto cross member next to the manual one and kinda reinforce it so they don't come apart. i reinforced mine by welding plates at the bottom across both. let me know how you go?

Edited by ROLLLA