Johno

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey johno my car is a piece of shit and i've got a tacho!!!!!!!

did it only start rubbing when you put the new mags on there????

i don't know what there formal name is, i call them folders or duck bills, they are a proper sheet metal tool. they might do the job if there is enough room. also because there is a fold already there it will be easier, just go nice and slow don't bend to much or you will put an ugly crease in it. If you were in adelaide i would do it for you. they look like this all hardware shops sell them

post-6011-1214012315.jpg

cheers

scott

That's a vice grip mate, they last for years and years and are a sound investment. You can get ones with different shaped/sized heads.

Great to see more progress on her johno, how you finding the cheap and cheerful double din head unit? It looks awesome!

i know it's a vice grip, i use them everyday for work but they look like duck bills hence the name, bloody handy they are...

anyways i was thinking about it and they aren't probably the best things to use because they are straight and your wheel arch is bent obvisoulsy, maybe a pair of normal grips,, might take abit longer but get a better job.

cheers

scott

Doesn't it annoy you to not have a tacho? CSX dash clusters are a straight swap, no wiring for the tacho necessary, looms are identical between the cs and the csx. Just unplug the old one and plug in the other. Hardest part is the speedo cable can be a bit fiddly.

I rolled my guards myself. Heated up the paint a little bit with an old blow heater, then used a little vice with 2 blocks of wood and a rag. Just tightened it up and went around gradually. Didn't turn out amazing but it did the job. It also flaired the flats out in line with the angle of the lip which I thought was cool.

Interior trim looks awesome :(

Yeah it does give me the shits about not having a tacho, I was going to put one in but i thought i need to put in a rev cable from the dizzy or something.

The CSX that i got the seats from still has the dash and it's in overrated condition. i might go there next week and get it. Thanks :)

hey johno my car is a piece of shit and i've got a tacho!!!!!!!

did it only start rubbing when you put the new mags on there????

i don't know what there formal name is, i call them folders or duck bills, they are a proper sheet metal tool. they might do the job if there is enough room. also because there is a fold already there it will be easier, just go nice and slow don't bend to much or you will put an ugly crease in it. If you were in adelaide i would do it for you. they look like this all hardware shops sell them

post-6011-1214012315.jpg

cheers

scott

Yeah it only started rubbing when i got my new mags. The original tires were 165 13". New ones are 195 15"

I'll have to check these out... cheers :(

Edited by Johno

I already have a pair of regular vice grips. What i might do is heat the paint a bit, use the rubber mallet to start the bend then finish it off with the vice grips to get it tight.

Thanks to all for your comments :(

Cheers, John

Doesn't it annoy you to not have a tacho? CSX dash clusters are a straight swap, no wiring for the tacho necessary, looms are identical between the cs and the csx. Just unplug the old one and plug in the other. Hardest part is the speedo cable can be a bit fiddly.

I rolled my guards myself. Heated up the paint a little bit with an old blow heater, then used a little vice with 2 blocks of wood and a rag. Just tightened it up and went around gradually. Didn't turn out amazing but it did the job. It also flaired the flats out in line with the angle of the lip which I thought was cool.

Interior trim looks awesome :(

I went to pick-a-part today and got a new dash, unpluged the old and pluged in the new one. can't beleive I didn't do this before! It works a treat.

Thank you heaps! ;) :)

Great to see more progress on her johno, how you finding the cheap and cheerful double din head unit? It looks awesome!

Yeah the head unit is running good. Its a bit dodgy sometimes but it beats paying over $2000

I had a lot of problems when i didn't have the reverse camera in. It freezed up and did weird shit.

It's running pretty good now, Just on the weekend it wouldn't play cds but when i turned the car off and back on it works again.

post-5444-1214294225_thumb.jpg

i dunno what spark plugs and leads you are running. But you can get split fire plugs for 4 bucks each off ebay

(wow $16 bucks total)

get some 8mm leads from an auto shop and theres a quick simple mod for around $100. Then just get your mechanic to put them in at your next service if you don't want to do it urself. I found simple things like this soon and up to abit more power and lets face it stock ae82 aren't exactually power houses.

not good news about your deck either did it come with a warranty???

cheers

scott

Edited by xstatic