Johno

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't remember if i mentioned this before or not but i bought a replacement rear left hand door. The old one was pretty screwed. I thought series 1 and 2 were the same apart from the side strips. I just noticed a small difference with the series 2 door that i bought. Just thought I'd mention it :cool:

The brown (s1) has three gaps in it while the s2 has no gaps.

post-5444-1234257747.jpg post-5444-1234257759.jpg

Edited by Johno

Good work there Johno! You are really doing a great job with what you've got. Another fact for you. I had to replace the rear rh window winder assembly on my series 1 Ae82 hatch, so I bought one out of a series 2 hatch and it fitted and bolted up to the inside of the door fine, but the channel in which the glass sits in differs from the series 1, so it turned out be no use to me in the end as the glass and channel could not be pursueded to fit.

Good work there Johno! You are really doing a great job with what you've got. Another fact for you. I had to replace the rear rh window winder assembly on my series 1 Ae82 hatch, so I bought one out of a series 2 hatch and it fitted and bolted up to the inside of the door fine, but the channel in which the glass sits in differs from the series 1, so it turned out be no use to me in the end as the glass and channel could not be pursueded to fit.

SHIT!! :)

I bought the door, came with glass but no window winder assembly. I might be able to swap everything across but i'll just have to see. Thanks :wink: :cool:

This week I stripped all the doors just not the tailgate yet.

Gave em all a good pressure wash.

DSC00206.jpg

I like to call this weight reduction..

DSC00207-1.jpg

Here is one big dent i have to fix.

DSC00168.jpg

There is about 4 of these dents on every door :P

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

Still have to sand them and fill the small dents

DSC00216-1.jpg